Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is coming to the 18th Annual Texas Koi & Fancy Goldfish Show, Oct. 8-10, 2010

Who is coming to the 18th Annual Texas Koi & Fancy Goldfish Show, Oct. 8-10, 2010

Show location is at Water Garden Gems, 3136 Bolton Rd., Marion, Texas (210/659-5841) just east of San Antonio on IH 10, between exits 593 & 595. The show and all events are free and open to the public. Hours are 9 am to 5 pm Saturday & 10 am to 3 pm Sunday. The Koi & Goldfish shows and vendor/exhibition areas will be covered. There will be a range of educational seminar topics provided by experts in filtration, pond maintenance, aquaponics, water plant care, koi care, and koi breeding. Vendors from across the country will be selling koi, goldfish, and other pond & water gardening products, and non-pond items. This year’s goldfish show will serve as the official AGA National show. Goldfish will be shown in 20-gallon aquariums and entry fees are $5 per fish. All fish will be shown English style. (Separate show tanks for each owner). Koi and Long fin koi will be shown in six or eight ft. round tanks. Fee is $75 for a six ft. and $100 for a eights ft. tank. Show tanks are limited and reservations/payment is required in advance and before October 5, 2010. Our show entrants are limited to hobbyists only. There are still a few vendor booths available for non-fish vendors. You can view the latest show information, seminar and entertainment schedules, fish transportation suggestions, and fish tank load recommendations at Texas Koi & Fancy Gold Fish Society - Home We will conduct a special Koi & Goldfish auction at 1:15pm on Sunday along with club fundraising raffles of pond related products all weekend. For more information or a show or vendor packet contact Ray at: [email protected] or phone 210-494-2034 or go to club website: Texas Koi & Fancy Gold Fish Society - Home

We are thrilled to have the Japanese American Society - San Antonio Chapter join us as they celebrate their 25 year anniversary with their 2010 Matsuri (Fall Festival)! Enjoy martial arts demonstrations, traditional Japanese dance and instruments and more! Come to find out about taking classes yourself for the above as well as Japanese language classes, and future calligraphy and crafts classes available through Japan America Society of San Antonio (JASSA). Peruse through unique cultural items that can make great gifts that will be available in JASSA's silent auction (limited hours: 10:30-12:30 tentatively). Traditional Japanese food will be available For more information on the Matsuri, please visit JASSA | The Japan America Society of San Antonio or contact Myra at [email protected]
    Disclosure:These opinions are based on my experience and conversations with persons I consider accomplished koi keepers and do not reflect the viewpoint of any organization.

I will be there for sure! I can't wait to learn from our judges and finally see some of those Purdin koi that I've heard so much about.

Raymond.

Honmei
    Can you believe that Southwest dooes not offer ser vice from San Antonio to Indy on Sundays? Geeezzzzzz!
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

Tategoi
    I'm definately coming!! Where and when will there ever be another assembly of great judges (Ron Goforth, JR, and Junichi "Super Kindai") for you to pick their brains as well as have them give you opinion and advice about your collection.
    There are rumors that many Dainichi kois will surface and compete for all major awards. I hear there will be many big and high quality kois to see, 2 weeks seems such a long way to wait.

there have been many shows this year that i wished i had the allowance ($$$) to just hop a plane and come stay for a few days. But I havta say honestly, This and norcal's are two that I'm really gonna miss.

Promise us that there will be good coverage of this event!!

best of luck to the club,vendors and participants!

For those that don't know, this show has a constant flow through system in all of the show tanks thus having no stagnant water. I guess Ray is so used to this that he didn't even think about it.

HI Ryan,

Thanks for the reminder. Yes pure cool (74F) well water is used to keep each tanks water clear, stable, and healthy for our koi. It is state of the art water quality for sure.

So how is your Dallas Grand Champion winner looking? Do you plan to challenge for a sweep of the Texas Koi Shows this year?

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by RayJordan View Post
    HI Ryan,

Thanks for the reminder. Yes pure cool (74F) well water is used to keep each tanks water clear, stable, and healthy for our koi. It is state of the art water quality for sure.
    Is this a similar kind of flow through system that is used at Spokane Koi Show? Inland Empire Water Garden & Koi Society . I got a chance to see that system and study about that system. It is amazing that people comming with ideas like these.

Its a great idea for clearing the water, so that the water dont look soggy. Since the water is not changed all off a sudden, it is good for the koi. And that too "pure cool well water", it should be a treat.

Antony.

Want some nice weather? Come on down.

Saturday
    Oct 09
    Sunny
    High 82°F
    Low 62°F
    Precip 0 %

Sunday
    Oct 10
    Sunny
    High 83°F
    Low 63°F
    Precip 0 %

Quote Originally Posted by RayJordan View Post
    HI Ryan,

So how is your Dallas Grand Champion winner looking? Do you plan to challenge for a sweep of the Texas Koi Shows this year?
    So Ray , you are saying each tank is set up with its own pipe in flow and out flow. These tanks are not connect together on inflow, correct? That is a lot of out flow water, how do you handle that? Where does it go, canal, stream, ect?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast