Koi Nations/KP/KOI USA

six6guy

oView Profile
    oView Forum Posts
    oVisit Homepage

Bumbles Well
    Feb 2007

Reseda, CA

Koi USA is also in financial trouble, has been for a while now. The AKCA has been keeping it afloat every sense it went into the red... let me restate that so I'm being clear... Your AKCA membership dues are partially used to keep the Koi USA magazine going, this subsidization has nothing to do with weather you buy that magazine or not.

I have no idea why Koi USA is loosing money... collection issues, dwindling subscriptions, or whatever. Just another indication that this recession is pretty darn bad.

Brad

According to reports on KP sent to me, Koi Nations does not have the funds to go to print due to some advertisers being in arrears on their payments. As I have reported in my Editor’s desk column within KOI USA, advertising revenues are down for KOI USA as well and fiscal 2009/2010 was the first year that KOI USA could not make a donation to the AKCA. In the July Minutes of the AKCA Board meeting, it was also reported that KOI USA wrote off about $10,000 in bad debt from advertisers. The economic times are tough indeed but contrary to Brad’s, from Reseda’s comments above, KOI USA has not borrowed any money from the AKCA and is not subsidized by the AKCA or through clubs dues to the AKCA.

Steve Childers
    Editor
    KOI USA
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

Well said, Steve.

Am afraid Brad is waaaaaaay off base on this one: No AKCA $$ goes to KoiUSA -- dues $$ or otherwise.

Best wishes,

MCA
    Inaccurate statements on KP...I am shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by KoiCop View Post
    Well said, Steve.

Am afraid Brad is waaaaaaay off base on this one: No AKCA $$ goes to KoiUSA -- dues $$ or otherwise.

Best wishes,
    Don, I believe Bradly belongs to your local ZNA club, perhaps you can explain exactly who keeps who afloat.

six6guy

Bumbles Well
    Feb 2007

Reseda, CA

It's very possible I am wrong, I'm as human as the next man. AKCA is an organization and as such has open books. I have heard rumors for at least 3 or 4 years running that KOI USA is no longer making money for AKCA but is instead loosing money. It was my own 2+2=4 that came to the conclusion that it has to be the parent organization that is keeping it going.

Is it possible the rumors I have heard about it loosing money are wrong? yes, but it's not from a single source. So how do we come to terms with several sources and yet keeping it's presses running? I don't know that I need or warrant an answer. This wasn't where I intended my post to lead.

If I have offended anybody I apologize up front. My point was and is that these are tough times. I myself folded a business of many years. Unfortunately it's more common than we like.

Brad

Yes, everyone is human but apparently Brad would rather listen to “rumors” that the facts from the horse’s mouth. Steve Clearly stated that last year was the first that KOI USA did not make a donation to the AKCA. If they were making donations, then logic would dictate that they obviously were making money. In addition, obviously KOI USA maintains a reserve of operating capital just in case of lean times. Kind of funny that an issue from another magazine gets spun around against KOI USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M. View Post

Yes, everyone is human but apparently Brad would rather listen to “rumors” that the facts from the horse’s mouth. Steve Clearly stated that last year was the first that KOI USA did not make a donation to the AKCA. If they were making donations, then logic would dictate that they obviously were making money. In addition, obviously KOI USA maintains a reserve of operating capital just in case of lean times. Kind of funny that an issue from another magazine gets spun around against KOI USA.

Funny or Sad ? I guess it's the thought if everyone is doing bad we'll feel better .

Daihonmei
    It's very hard to keep a private for-profit magazine going specifically about koi ( or koi and water gardening in the case of Koi Nations). In my time I've seen seven private koi magazines come and go and Koi Nations will now make that count eight.
    The only two magazines that keep on ticking are publications associated with the organized koi culture- KOI USA and Nichrin. The only possible exception would be Koi Carp. But that is a unique situation as it is part of a large publishing group. JR

Honmei

Well Ms Saluan, I previously stated the truth and now you come up with unfounded and wild accusations towards KOI USA receiving capital infusion from other unnamed sources? Frankly that is pure hog wash. KOI USA maintains cash reserves for tough economic times and has not had any infusion of capital from any “unnamed sources.” Frankly, your post and that of Brad’s on KP seemed design to raise controversy towards KOI USA where none exists.

Steve Childers
    Editor
    KOI USA
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

Daihonmei
    on a lighter note, can you name the private koi magazines that have gone out of print starting with the latest and going backwards ?

8) Koi Nations
    7) ?
    6) ?
    5) ?
    4) ?
    3) ?
    2) ?
    1) Bet NO ONE gets this one!

Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post
    on a lighter note, can you name the private koi magazines that have gone out of print starting with the latest and going backwards ?

8) Koi Nations
    7) Koi-Bito
    6) NI
    5) Koi Keepers
    4) Koi
    3) Rinco
    2) Koi Ponds
    1) Bet NO ONE gets this one!
    Ok I can't remember that many, the 70's really screwed up my memory...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast