Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Purdin expansion

Purdin expansion

Purdin koi farm in it's continual effort to improve it's facilities is adding new holding pens as I type, It will mean more opportunity to hold production and to prepare more sets of parents this coming breeding season.
    This effort comes on the heels of finishing off "The River", an enclosed
    facility to house male and female oyagoi and 5 generations of daughters.
    Scott Purdin, owner and Bill McGurk, manager, are committed to providing beautiful show quality koi for the American and UK markets now and in the FUTURE.
    The tosai and Nisei harvests are scheduled in a few weeks. Some of KB's regulars will be on hand to give pictoral coverage of the event. So, as they say, " watch for it" following the weekend of October 30th and 31st!
    Dick Benbow

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow View Post
    Purdin koi farm in it's continual effort to improve it's facilities is adding new holding pens as I type, It will mean more opportunity to hold production and to prepare more sets of parents this coming breeding season.
    This effort comes on the heels of finishing off "The River", an enclosed
    facility to house male and female oyagoi and 5 generations of daughters.
    Scott Purdin, owner and Bill McGurk, manager, are committed to providing beautiful show quality koi for the American and UK markets now and in the FUTURE.
    The tosai and Nisei harvests are scheduled in a few weeks. Some of KB's regulars will be on hand to give pictoral coverage of the event. So, as they say, " watch for it" following the weekend of October 30th and 31st!
    Funny story about this "little" expansion. When Cheryl and I were there in August, we were talking with Scott and Bill on Friday there at the farm and they discussed how two mud ponds could not be made to hold water and they were "thinking" of putting in a couple more concrete ponds in their place. When we went back out on Monday morning, the excavators were there and already starting the build!

There may be grass at the farm but Scott and Bill definitely will not let it grow under their feet!
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

Timely post Dick. According to KP Purdin is going out of business. Goes to show you how much certain people at KP are out of touch with the real world.

Posted by SH:
    Purdin Koi Farm Rumour - Can Anyone Put This One to Rest????

The scuttlebutt on the street is that Purdin is selling out. I surely hope this is not true. Can Dick Benbow or anyone in the know here shed further light on the situation??

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryC View Post
    Timely post Dick. According to KP Purdin is going out of business. Goes to show you how much certain people at KP are out of touch with the real world.

Posted by SH:
    Purdin Koi Farm Rumour - Can Anyone Put This One to Rest????
    The scuttlebutt on the street is that Purdin is selling out. I surely hope this is not true. Can Dick Benbow or anyone in the know here shed further light on the situation??
    (in Best Cable Guy impersonation) "I don't care what anyone says...now that there is funny"!

The real funny part is how "rumors" (or simply bad mouthing) gets spread in the form of a "rumor."
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

A lot of Rumors/Speculations going on over at KP it seems .

"The scuttlebutt on the street is . . ."

Evidently different streets have different butts 'cause I ain't heard that 'round here.

Best wishes,

Doesn't even make sense. Why would Scott be selling out and putting all that money into the River and additional concrete ponds.

If you can't find good gossip, I guess it's better to make it up.

It is harvest time and ya know what that means.

Honmei
    I heard a "rumor," a Japanese breeder consortium is considering purchasing it since they do not feel that they can any longer compete with PKF.
    CKHPA

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by schildkoi View Post
    I heard a "rumor," a Japanese breeder consortium is considering purchasing it since they do not feel that they can any longer compete with PKF.

Wonder if they will call it "Cajun Niigata" or "Whodat Niigata."

Honmei
    "Rumor" has it that the rumor monger's thread has now been removed to Lala land.
    CKHPA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast