Home | About Us | Contact Us


Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 239
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?

  1. #121
    Jumbo
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    999
    Quote Originally Posted by ricshaw View Post
    Junichi,

    Can you comment on this Koi?

    Richard,

    Actually, this Koi is not a Shusui (w/o beni) because the scales are supposed to be blue color by this time...
    I think we could call it Doitsu Goshiki (w/o beni except the tiny dot on the head) or Doitsu Asagi, maybe...??

    See attached pictures. there are similar offsprings, and I think this Koi is the same as the one in the second picture.
    the clear blue-ish skin was so pretty compared to the others so this Koi was picked up (by Chin ). If you like it, ask him. he will give it to you.

    (note: it's hard to see by pictures but there are unnecessary scales as a doitsu on left side back of the dorsal fin.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-blue.jpg   Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-blue2.jpg   Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-d.jpg  

  2. #122
    Nisai Koicjl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kindai View Post
    Richard,

    Actually, this Koi is not a Shusui (w/o beni) because the scales are supposed to be blue color by this time...
    I think we could call it Doitsu Goshiki (w/o beni except the tiny dot on the head) or Doitsu Asagi, maybe...??

    See attached pictures. there are similar offsprings, and I think this Koi is the same as the one in the second picture.
    the clear blue-ish skin was so pretty compared to the others so this Koi was picked up (by Chin ). If you like it, ask him. he will give it to you.

    (note: it's hard to see by pictures but there are unnecessary scales as a doitsu on left side back of the dorsal fin.)
    Found an old pic. Master in action
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-352.jpg  

  3. #123
    Jumbo
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    999

    2012

    I chose 3 young boys as male oyagoi for our 2012 breeding.


    Maybe continued.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-5.20-2012.jpg  

  4. #124
    Daihonmei MikeM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    11,128
    Interesting. Based on the photo there is a good deal of similarity in pigment traits and quality, while different head/body structures. Is this purposeful?

  5. #125
    Jumbo Tosai_Sunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kindai View Post
    I chose 3 young boys as male oyagoi for our 2012 breeding.


    Maybe continued.....
    These are some good looking young bachelors, Junichi-san. What does the lucky girl, who gets to "play" with these guys, look like?

    Regards,
    Sunny

  6. #126
    Nisai Koicjl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kindai View Post
    I chose 3 young boys as male oyagoi for our 2012 breeding.


    Maybe continued.....
    Continue it is Junichi san let the Showa journey begin. This year Junichi san have selected our Showa Oyagoi for 2012 breeding. Our breeding started on May 20th afternoon. They spawn the next morning around 5:30am or so. This is a very successful spawn guessing 75-80% hatching rate. Good eyes Junichi san.Yesterday we Kuroko senbetsu ( black fry selection/sorting) with the help of my daughter and son Kaitlyn and Dylan, we spended a hole day and only manage to selected half the fries. These are just some of the black fries. We will continous Kuroko senbetsu ( black fry selection/sorting) next weeken.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-dscn0371-1-.jpg   Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-dscn0374-1-.jpg   Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-dscn0379-1-.jpg   Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-dscn0380-1-.jpg   Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-dscn0381-1-.jpg  

    Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-dscn0354-1-.jpg   Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-dscn0367-1-.jpg  

  7. #127
    Nisai Koicjl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosai_Sunny View Post
    These are some good looking young bachelors, Junichi-san. What does the lucky girl, who gets to "play" with these guys, look like?

    Regards,
    Sunny
    Sunny how's your Sanke breeding doing ???

  8. #128
    Honmei ricshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,653

    Thumbs up

    That is great that the kids want to help you with your breeding hobby!


  9. #129
    Nisai Koicjl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by ricshaw View Post
    That is great that the kids want to help you with your breeding hobby!






    Thank you Richard, for some reason they love to help when selecting these little blck fries,which I am so grateful they want to help.

  10. #130
    Oyagoi Flounder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,177
    Chin what do you do with the fries that you are not keeping?

    My kohaku from Kagura parent are growing.... So many though.

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 09:40 AM
  2. Giants are Super Bowl champs!!!!!
    By Brutuscz in forum Outside
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 08:49 AM
  3. Bo-Socks are World Series Champs!!!!!
    By aquitori in forum Outside
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 10:14 AM
  4. Nogyosai Grand and Reserve Champs
    By markgardner in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 12:58 AM
  5. Publication Available Covering Show Champs Across America?
    By koicluboftheair in forum Club News and Updates
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-23-2006, 08:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Articles - Sitemap - FAQs and Rules

KB Footer Graphic
Straight from Japan... For the serious hobbyist!
All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com