Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?

Quote Originally Posted by Koicjl View Post
    Its funny this thread was start by Junichi san in 10/17/2010.start of with theses three little guys. Incase you did not recognized one of the male Oyagoi we used last year was this little guy.
    Hi Brother Chin, It's been a lot of fun to follow this thread. Thanks for the update. This male is very nice. Can you or Junichi-san help us understand why it was selected for your breeding program. Thanks! Sunny

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosai_Sunny View Post
    Hi Brother Chin, It's been a lot of fun to follow this thread. Thanks for the update. This male is very nice. Can you or Junichi-san help us understand why it was selected for your breeding program. Thanks! Sunny
    Hi Sunny, The reason why this male showa was selected as a one of male oyagoi last year is that I had just an inspiration or gut feeling...

Joking aside, we focus on Jitai (skin quality = Teri/tsuya) last year and, of course, sumi quality as well (since they are Showa....). This male Showa has so-so Tsuya, sumi quality is OK or acceptable, the bone structure including the head tension is not too bad. the sumi patterning is refined type (from top to bottom) and also it is known, in general, that a lighter Hi pattern like this fish is suitable for oyagoi, etc, etc. So, it's a gut feeling. Btw, a new set of male oyagoi combination for this year's Showa breeding is more unique (IMO)..

Jumbo
    Its funny this thread was start by Junichi san in 10/17/2010.start of with theses three little guys. Incase you did not recognized one of the male Oyagoi we used last year was this little guy.

Selecting a potencial future oyagoi from 1 inch - 1 1/2 inch fry was fun...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-future-oyagoi-lol.jpg  

[QUOTE=Koicjl;207026]2013 project, Our first pair breeding is Kohaku,these frys are now two month old.was born on May 3.

an update of Kohaku babies , these are the one will keep and grow till next year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-2013-kohaku.jpg   Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-2013-breeding2.jpg   Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-2013-breeding3.jpg   Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-2013-kohaku2.jpg   Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-2013-breeding1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kindai View Post
    Chin-san, That's good to know Showa spawn successfully. Did both female oyagoi (sakura & kokugyo) spawn? Which one of male oyagoi was most active??
    2013 Showa results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-dscf5593..jpg   Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-dscf5713..jpg   Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-dscf5711..jpg   Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-dscf5715..jpg   Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-dscf5701..jpg  

Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-dscf5710..jpg  

2013 Showa results.
    some more pics. overall the results looking good so far, I'll keep you all post on their developing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-2013-showa2.jpg   Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-2013-showa.jpg   Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-2013-showa1.jpg   Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-2013-showa4.jpg   Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-2013-showa3.jpg  

Tosai_Sunny likes this.

Very nice, Chin! I think you and Junichi-san have hit the jackpot on the showa oyagoi combination. :-) They look fantastic! I am also curious to know about the fish from previous years...any update on them?

Regards,
    Sunny

[QUOTE=Koicjl;210632]
    2013 project, Our first pair breeding is Kohaku,these frys are now two month old.was born on May 3.

an update of Kohaku babies , these are the one will keep and grow till next year.
    These Kohakus are not TWO months old...are they? I am confused since you also indicated that they were born in May.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosai_Sunny View Post
    Very nice, Chin! I think you and Junichi-san have hit the jackpot on the showa oyagoi combination. :-) They look fantastic! I am also curious to know about the fish from previous years...any update on them?

Regards,
    Sunny
    Thanks Sunny,Junichi san and I feel the same way with the Oyagoi combination.
    The last year Showa are doing very well, because we still have a little bit growing season left. I'll take some pics and update later.
    I must say FD KOI Food is working very well for me so far the rsults are quit good.

[QUOTE=Tosai_Sunny;210639]

These Kohakus are not TWO months old...are they? I am confused since you also indicated that they were born in May.
    No Sunny the Kohaku was born in May,Showa babies are two month old.
    Sunny these two pics are the cull out one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-cull-out.jpg   Did I pick wrong ones or future champs?-cull-out2.jpg  

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast