Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 ZNA NorCal Koi Show Countdown !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bighatbulls View Post
    Ray there are tons of things to see in San Jose and the surrounding areas, I only wish I could be your guide!

2 big stops to go see are the Winchester Mystery House and the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum. You are not far from Santa Cruz (Boardwalk) or Monterey Bay (Aquarium). To bad the Mystery Spot will probably be closed for the season. However for something equally weird you could go to Felton and see the Bigfoot Discovery Museum. Up the road from there is the "haunted" Brookdale Lodge. When we where up there last the historic dining room was closed, but its really pretty. Then there is something both Texas and California have in common, Spanish Missions.

I hope you two have fun...

A.
    Thanks SmallHat....

SF is just 45 minutes from the show site. Places to see in San Francisco including the Golden Gate Bridge, Twin Peaks, Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf, Alcatraz, SF Zoo...

If you have time, up north the Wine County Napa/Sonoma is a good place to visit. With vineyards below and majestic mountains rising in the distance, see the undulating hills and golden grassed valleys of NorCal's Wine Country...

In the South of San Jose, there is the Pebble beach along with 17 Miles Drive to Carmel. The place where Clint Eastwood once was a mayor.

Remember, San Jose Bay Area is the home of many high quality Koi dealers, make sure to visit them all.

Oh, SmallHat, one more common thing between Texas and Cali is that both SF Giants and TX Ranger are in the World Series... Sorry but 2-1 as od today Ray;-))

Best,
    --My name is SF Giants Baby

Well, we got to thinking if the Giants swept MLB would probably lose alot of money. The organization prolly thought about this and its why the games are held at both homefields. Again I normally root for the Texas teams, but this year is different. Giants have to go all the way, Texas can win next year.

Quote Originally Posted by bighatbulls View Post
    Ray there are tons of things to see in San Jose and the surrounding areas, I only wish I could be your guide!

2 big stops to go see are the Winchester Mystery House and the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum. You are not far from Santa Cruz (Boardwalk) or Monterey Bay (Aquarium). To bad the Mystery Spot will probably be closed for the season. However for something equally weird you could go to Felton and see the Bigfoot Discovery Museum. Up the road from there is the "haunted" Brookdale Lodge. When we where up there last the historic dining room was closed, but its really pretty. Then there is something both Texas and California have in common, Spanish Missions.

I hope you two have fun...

A.
    THanks and hoping to meet you at the show. We are going farther north in Sonoma for a few day in the redwoods around Hearldsburg and then a few days in San Francisco before the show.

We went to the Winchester house about 10 years ago and it completely creeped us out. Several pairs of my pants in my suitcase in the parking lot expanded by about 10 inches in the waist. I had worn them earlier in the trip but after the Winchester house visit Martha and I both could have gotten in them. I wore the same pair of shorts for the rest of the trip as they were the only ones that still fit. Never make fun of ghosts in their house.
    Disclosure:These opinions are based on my experience and conversations with persons I consider accomplished koi keepers and do not reflect the viewpoint of any organization.

Ray,

This place : Home - Safari West is about 10 minutes off the freeway of where you are going. We spent the night there a couple weeks ago. Pretty interesting if you like African animals. It is not a "walk-in" zoo though, you have to make reservations to visit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010 ZNA NorCal Koi Show Countdown !!!!-381.jpg   2010 ZNA NorCal Koi Show Countdown !!!!-157.jpg  

Is that the one where they have a gang of lions roaming about and you sit in your car? Or where the comercial was taken where the Elephant sits ont he hood of the car? Next time we go that way and have time to spend Sean and I need to go.

No lions or elephants

They have Giraffe's, Kudu, Wildebeast, Zebra's, Cape Buffalo, 2 White Rhino's, many different types of Antelopes: Gemsbok, Impala's, etc., cheetahs, monkey's, tons of birds etc.

You park you car and they take you on a tour in a safari kind of truck. Drive right though the animals, except the rhino's, they are in their own pen.

You have to admit though that is still pretty cool.

Yup, it is a very cool place. The morning we left, a giraffe was leaning over the fence face to face with us, literally (you can't touch or feed the animals though). The landscaping is very nice, the tents are very nice as well. The food was very good, not great though. The people are very nice too. All in all a neat experience.

audio ads

Thanks for the info Chris !! very cool indeed..

BTW, 2010 ZNA NorCal radio ads will be broadcasting this week to the show date on the International AM1500 station.... The broadcasting is scheduled twice per day between 5PM-7PM (PST) - so, for Bay Area hobbyists as well as visitors like Ray and Martha, please turn on the channel to listen up.

Best,
    --Dinh

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by RayJordan View Post
    THanks and hoping to meet you at the show. We are going farther north in Sonoma for a few day in the redwoods around Hearldsburg and then a few days in San Francisco before the show.

We went to the Winchester house about 10 years ago and it completely creeped us out. Several pairs of my pants in my suitcase in the parking lot expanded by about 10 inches in the waist. I had worn them earlier in the trip but after the Winchester house visit Martha and I both could have gotten in them. I wore the same pair of shorts for the rest of the trip as they were the only ones that still fit. Never make fun of ghosts in their house.
    Try and get further up US101 to Miranda or Phillipsville and see the Avenue of the Giants. They're some trees up there that will definately make you go daaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnng.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast