Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amikacin

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong View Post
    I fixed that problem by leaving bd pump on and going to dentist. All gonzo. Now starting over with new stock and new problems. Pond is empty with a few fish that made it through being high and dry for a period of time including Kodama rejects. Those people used to love me. They sent me some sales crud awile back and I told them to stick it..... they had a nerve.
    I have another pond on my patio that has become an experimental/q Tank pond about 2000 gallons. Here is where the problems are
    Wow..I found some old pictures of your pond way back... Ok, some people are going to say this is to much but it comes straight from Japanese breeders that pull their koi from mud ponds. First know you water amount exact. Second you only have a 2 hour window and you must not leave the koi. Third, have hydron peroxide before you do med.
    Be sure have lots of oxygen...

1 TABLESPOON PP per 1000 gallons
    50 lbs of salt to 1000 gallons .6%
    at 2 hour window add the HP to the water or sooner if fish are piping. That should clean the koi and water extreme.
    If still have problems a day later more than likey a bacteria problem that can be clear with nitrofurazone green powder at 12 teaspoons to 1000 gallons.

OMG, no wonder you think Iam nuts. That is another pond from the old days. Wow, I must of had auction fever .

Nitrofuracin green? I don't do salt. Good idea but set up for PP next. Had my PP scaled out today for 2 ppm dose soon in 2 thousand gallon pond then will inject 0.1 cc per sicko.

someone remind me if antibiotic injection can only be used at certain temp

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    someone remind me if antibiotic injection can only be used at certain temp

They certainly work better at certain temp. , but because Kong shows he lives in Miami I'll guess temp. won't be a issue .

So there is 100 units per 1 cc (1 millileter) and my dose is .2 so I marked this on a 50 unit syringe .
    The confusing part. The insulin syringe come in 100 units, 50 (1/2 cc), and 30 (3/10 cc).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Amikacin-syr.jpg  

Our special formulation of Nitrofurazone, Furazolidone, Methylene Blue and sodium chloride.

USE: Anti- microbial, anti- protozoan, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal. Wide spectrum. Good for newly arrived fish in quarantine situations. Also good for healing wounds and ammonia burn on newly arriving fish. Widely used for shipping or packing water. Works well for sores on fish in Koi ponds.

DOSAGE: 1/4 teaspoon per 20 gallons every 24 hours with a 25% water change before each treatment. Treat for 10 days.

1 tablespoon of pp to 1000 gallons is 6 ppm with 2 hour window. First time I did this was very nervous cause I never use this much pp at one time, however it works and did not kill the koi.

Where is the green at? Sounds good to me. The PP treatment I would have to see it done on someone elses koi first but that would clean up big time. Cleaning and killing harmful bacteria seems to be the goal. I was so preoccupied looking for parasites the bacteria got by me.

The next hurdle...injection sites on koi. I have seen and heard of plenty from the mouth to the tail. I am going for a fin muscle puncture target. Poor thing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Amikacin-injectingkoi4.jpg  

Gary, that 's a good place but it looks like you're on top of the bone. If you go down in the "pit" where the bone joins the skin, it will be much easier.

spell wrong it is Nitrofuracin Green you need, there is a Nitrofurazone Powder also but should use other.

Fish Medication - Products Catalog pg.3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast