Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sakai ff

sakai ff

Does anyone have info on Sakai`s blood line "New Smile ' would like to see some offspring and parents.
    thanks , Louie

Maybe David will speak up on this.
    I know he's familiar with the Nissai/Sansai offspring and likely has some background on her. Before long Victor and I will at least be able to provide some photo's of some of her offspring, but not quite yet...

Thanks Papabear any info would be helpfull. At 68 still so much to learn.
    Louie

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    Thanks Papabear any info would be helpfull. At 68 still so much to learn.
    Louie
    Hi Brother Louie ,

Samurai Koi Centre

The above link is where you can see most of the Oyagoi / bloodline of Sakai FF . This is also where you can see the mother fish ( New Smile ) ...
    I have 2 of my Oyagoi in this magazine ... D Sanke and D Shinning Sanke

Have a pleasure reading time sir !!

David

Thanks David lost track of time looking at parent koi and past winners
    most enjoyable . A most for favorites
    Louie

Brother David, thank you for that link to their magazine. What a collection of beautiful koi! Like Louie I lost track of time going through it.

When you say that two of your Oyagoi are in there... are those your koi on loan to Sakai for their breeding program? Or have you dabbled in breeding koi yourself?

Grant

The bodies, Shiroji and Beni on those fish are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    Thanks David lost track of time looking at parent koi and past winners
    most enjoyable . A most for favorites
    Louie
    Most Welcome sir !!

New Smile is refined from the Rose Lineage that produced Beauty Rose - Beauty Smile . A perfect pairing of Roses , with the offspring of Super Mask , which we know as Yamato , New Smile certainly look more refined in bodyline , that is mascular , more than the bulky look carried in the Rose lineage . Sakai Rose lineage has sufficient credential to provide the confidence in having New Smile in anybody's collection . I still have a Beauty Smile Sanke that is coming close to 90bu at 6 years old in one of my pond . Had her in my pond when she was 50bu 4 years ago . I took about 6 of the New Smile nisai in my collection a year ago . I love Roses .

Glad you enjoyed the E-magazine sir !!!

David

I knew you'd come through David
    Your observation on the "New Smile" bodyline is the first thing that came to my mind when looking at her. Her frame is so powerful and clean, and so very evident in her daughters

Quote Originally Posted by gcuss View Post
    Brother David, thank you for that link to their magazine. What a collection of beautiful koi! Like Louie I lost track of time going through it.

When you say that two of your Oyagoi are in there... are those your koi on loan to Sakai for their breeding program? Or have you dabbled in breeding koi yourself?

Grant
    Good day Brother Grant

D Sanke is the offspring of Wakashoryu Sanke . I had this Sanke when she was nisai/sansai . She went on to win the Kokuogyo Prize for 80bu during the All Japan Show in 2008 after a breeding programme with Sakai in 2007 . 2009 was also the year I took another Kokuogyo Prize for 60bu with the offspring of my D Sanke during the All Japan Shinkokai Show . During these period , I took couple of Rinho Prize during the All Japan Airinkai Shows with my Shinning Rose Sanke and Beauty Smile Kohaku ( 80bu ), and they were named as D Shinning and D Kohaku .
    These names were given for successful spawn of each fish . These winning fishes became part of the Sakai FF breeding programme as their offspring will carry some of the winning traits if the pairing is successful .
    There's always some special arrangement between breeders and hobbyists in Japan all these years .

I'm still very much a Hobbyists like you Brother Grant .Though I'm not a breeder , I had actually oyagoi that were used for breeding in Japan and even some in our region . Most of these oyagois were part of my Nisai collection years back ... If the breeders were to reward me with some of the offsprings , I would be delighted enough ...

Sakai FF sent back 2 of my D Sanke offspring early last year when I started a new pond . She was 58bu , but went on to win 3 awards in one of the show , May this year. 1st for 75bu Sanke , Best in Size for 75 bu Gosanke and awarded Mature Champion for the same show . Such is the satisfaction of winning with your own fishes ... It was a show that involved many of the Asean brothers and a Panel of Eleven Shinkokai Judges.

I love watching fry hatched , grow and expand into another beautiful koi .
    I hate the culling exercises , but for quality reasons , it has to be done .
    I had been through selections , cullings and picking out some of "the best". Getting into detail , is all a big part of learning the Nishikigoi hobby ....

Blessed Sunday Brother Grant . God Bless All .

David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast