Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 100 of 102 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1016
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Let's See YOUR koi

He is not gosanke but he is the king of my pond. I classify him as a Karasu Chagoi long fin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's See YOUR koi-djj_3715-1600x1200-.jpg   Let's See YOUR koi-djj_6975.jpg   Let's See YOUR koi-djj_6956.jpg   Let's See YOUR koi-djj_5074.jpg   Let's See YOUR koi-djj_5082.jpg  

Again not gosanke but here is the queen of my pond Aka Hajiro long fin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's See YOUR koi-djj_4933-1600x1200-.jpg   Let's See YOUR koi-djj_4098.jpg   Let's See YOUR koi-img_0139-1600x1200-.jpg   Let's See YOUR koi-img_0448-copy-1600x1200-.jpg   Let's See YOUR koi-img_0153-1600x1200-.jpg  

Cool pic of the koi under the gator head!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSoon View Post
    Hi Brother Vic ,

Had been the longest time since I logged in to say Hi to all the Brothers here in KB .. Hope All is Well with everyone here .
    Nice development on your Sanke ... give her another 2 years and she is likely to be a complete Sanke . In most cases , the Sumi development will continue till she is closed to 6 or even 8 eight years of age .
    Enjoy their growth .... Happy Holidays too !!!

David
    Hello Brother David,

Just like everyone on here, i'm very glad to hear from you. Hope all is well from your end too. I've got so many messages from the Brothers here asking if i've heard anything from you. And now they can see that you're here.. and still around.

Thank you for your compliments on Kisaki Sanke. Promise.. I'll make her and the others some good Oyster cookies this coming summer.

ttyl,
    Vic.

Hello Brother David,

Hope you and yours are well and enjoying .

Back in 2011, you donated a shipment of Okawa Shiro Utsuri tosai to Ben Plonski's Laguna Koi Ponds to help fund restoration efforts. For that, may God Bless You and your genorosity.

Anyway, we purchased a 14" tosai from your shipment (first photo). Since then, she's grown to 29" but still hasn't finished (second photo).

A ZNA Judge who recently visited our pond zeroed in and commented on her and the quality of her sumi. He asked us to tub her for closer examination.

Then he gave a clinic on her sumi (outstanding) and its lateral (vs. wrapped) orientation, explaining to the club members that there was obvious kumonryu heritage at play here. In any case , he encouraged us to show her at a ZNA show, at which he thought she would do extremely well.

Brenda and I just want you to know how much you are both respected and loved in this hobby we share, despite the thousands of miles between us.

Once again, thank you for all you've done to promote Friendship Through Scales.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's See YOUR koi-jr-2011.jpg   Let's See YOUR koi-jr-2014-1-.jpg  
    Don Chandler
    Member: AKCA, ZNA, KoiUSA

Just want to share a quick video of the pond. They have good appetite.

Cheers,
    Vic.
    Tosai_Sunny likes this.

looking good Vic....

This is a 25cm tosai that came off a pond spawn. It is the only decent gosanke from a small random selection of eggs that turned into fry. The rest of the eggs were thrown away as my pond space is limited. I'm raising this to see how it develops.

What does your crystal ball say? Will it shed its motoaka? Will it have a good tail tube?

https://youtu.be/Rq5MtKbQoa4

Given it is an unintended pond spawn, a pretty fish. The Hi is breaking in several places. Whether it consolidates and endures, or becomes a splotchy mess is for you to observe. I think the motoaka is going to stay. You listed her as a Kinginrin Kohaku. Because it is a pond spawn, we cannot be sure what the parentage is. The overall look has me wondering whether there isn't something else mixed in. I am reminded of a Goshiki-Ochiba I have that gets classed as Kohaku for show purposes, but has nothing Kohaku-like about her beyond colors.

Thanks for your comments Mike. The possible male oyagoi are a goshiki, a chagoi, an ugly showa, an utsuri, a sanke, and a shusui. The one sure thing is the female oyagoi - a sansai SFF sanke. I'm hoping it was the male sanke that was the oyagoi. Both oyagoi have high sumi coverage, and that could explain the high beni coverage. None of the male oyagoi have kinginrin, and more likely is the female oyagoi's influence, as she had kinginrin in her early years. Since the spawn of this tosai, the only males left in the pond are the shusui, the goshiki, and the shiro utsuri.

I'm more concerned about the break above the head beni, which I hope continues on to have a clear break from the head beni. Lingering on in limbo is what I fear most, and getting it resolved will require a lot of patience, and five years may not be enough.

As for the motoaka, I'm afraid you are right but I'm crossing my fingers. Glad you are human and when you guessed my kohaku tosai to be a male, it turned out female. I hope the streak continues