Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 52 of 102 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Let's See YOUR koi

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSoon View Post
    For the Sanke lovers , here's some highlights on some of my Sanke . Shinning Rose Sanke from Sakai FF , Beauty Rose Rose , D Sanke and my Torazo Sanke too .

David
    Brother David - the D Sanke (MC @NHA) is so beautiful. I guess she was the best in the batch. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Cheers,
    Victor

Thank you, David. I enjoy your videos, and this one especially. It honors the special beauty of Sanke so well and the stars are such special Sanke.

Many Thanks Brother Dan , Brother Victor and Brother Mike for the compliments on my Sanke Believe I would feature a few more of my Sanke next year when they grow of size ...

Brother Ryan

I have more Kohaku than Sanke , and I have more Sanke than Showa
    Showa is a keeper's game fish , where we would spent years just to see it develope and finish , and it can take a good many years just to see a good one finished . I haven't got many good 5 years to see one complete ... . The biggest showa i kept was the Isa Showa that died when she passed the 38 inches mark . Had her for 4 years and It was painful to see how she finished , and died after a show . This is reason why i keep very little showa ... Have a few Mako Showa kept in Momotaro at the moment though ...

These still a few showa in my premises scattered around my 3 ponds .
    They tend to isolate themselves from the school most of the time . This is the general social behaviour of showa and utsuri .
    Here goes the short video I took ... Just for You ...

‪Some of my showa‬‏ - YouTube

David

Hi Brother David,

Thanks for taking the time to put together such great videos of your sankes and showas. I also enjoy the beautiful music that accompanied each video as well...so relaxing! My preference has always been showas, but after seeing such good examples of sankes in your pond, I think my mind has changed toward sankes. I think, in general, sankes have more beautiful shiroji and beni than showas. I have always heard that sanke is the hardest to breed among the gosanke. Is that true? If so, why is that?

Have a good day!
    Sunny

Quote Originally Posted by Tosai_Sunny View Post
    Hi Brother David,

Thanks for taking the time to put together such great videos of your sankes and showas. I also enjoy the beautiful music that accompanied each video as well...so relaxing! My preference has always been showas, but after seeing such good examples in your pond, I think my mind has been changed. I think, in general, sankes have more beautiful shiroji and beni than showas. I have always heard that sanke is the hardest to breed among the gosanke. Is that true? If so, why is that?

Have a good day!
    Sunny
    Blessed Day Brother Sunny

The " Commercial Yield " and what's marketable and what's not , had Sanke labelled as the most difficult to breed among the gosanke . The refinement and appreciation guidelines on a Good Sanke , had made it so difficult for a breeder to pick out any Sanke from his spawn that would be sellable at a respectable price .

While the traditional sanke that leaned towards the Kohaku traits had little sumi , the contemporary Sanke is one that's closer to the kindai showa with more shiroji to show . Sumi quality and placements under the appeciation guidelines threw out most of the frys during the early culls , and even some of the later culls are simply passed off as " mutts " .

All nishikigoi species spawn by the plentiful , often in hundreds of thousands of eggs and frys , but the passable and marketable Sanke out of each spawn is so few .

David

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSoon View Post
    Here goes the short video I took ... Just for You ...

Just for me, I feel so special.

Sunny quit looking at my showa video.

Brother David, great to see that the Dainichi love heart showa is in your pond. This was one koi that kept calling to alot of us but as you know it's an auction for good cause and the best man won.

I see that you have a propensity for Dainichi showa, why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Just for me, I feel so special.

Sunny quit looking at my showa video.

Brother David, great to see that the Dainichi love heart showa is in your pond. This was one koi that kept calling to alot of us but as you know it's an auction for good cause and the best man won.

I see that you have a propensity for Dainichi showa, why is that?
    Sorry Ryan, I could not help myself. I had to take a peep.

Beautiful as usual Brother David. Curious though...? The one sakai FF showa, you said you got her when she was tosai. Was there a reason she wasn't kept for the mudponds to grow? Was she an experiment for you to see what you could achieve without the mudponds? Or did you see something special as tosai and took a chance? I think she has potential for a beautiful and interesting pattern if/when she finishes. And of course, your inazuma kohaku kept stealing my eye when I was trying to enjoy your showa...

Grant

Sansai
    It is a little intimidating to post after seeing Brother David's videos... but here is a quick look at some of my koi. Mostly young koi with ages from two to 4-year, sizes range from 17" to 30". Like a classic beginner, I have a wide variety and often 2 of each so I can keep the best and learn from the other. My first pond and it is now 4 years old.

You have some very nice koi Steve! I take it the Chagoi is one in the 30" range

Page 52 of 102 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast