Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 53 of 102 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Let's See YOUR koi

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by redman View Post
    You have some very nice koi Steve! I take it the Chagoi is one in the 30" range
    Thanks. Yes the Marusei ginrin chagoi was a 17" nisai year before last... last year she was 28" and I haven't measured this year. I've been trying to restrict her diet because she is developing a belly, but she gets aggressive and charges after food so hard I've afraid she will injury herself or other koi. I also have a domestic bred "starter" yamabuki that is about 30". I'm not that thrilled with yamabuki but they seem to be every visitor's (non-koi persons) favorite. This year, I selected a Izumiyi yamabuki as a future replacement.

As a relative beginner, I'm beginning to understand how difficult it is to have a single koi that is both jumbo and show-worthy. And some of you have a pond full of such marvelous creatures... which is incomprehensible to me at this time.

Nice collection Steve! The two-step kohaku at the end caught my eyes and a couple of your ki utsuris as well. Thanks for sharing!

Best Regards,
    Sunny

Farmer Steve....very nice collection and the water looks super too

Oyagoi
    nothing wrong with the variety of a pond.
    the couple koahku and then the ki utursi and the goshiki so dark with clean bright red.

Good Day Brother Steve

Your Ki-utsuri looks intimidating , your tancho sanke looked intimidating , your kohaku looks intimidating and your water quality look provocative and intimidating too !!! You have superd collections and most looked show ready brother Steve . Size , is only a matter of time ...

David

p.s - nice goromo you have in your collection too !!

Sansai
    Um.... I haven't learned how to record a video EVER till today and then posted it to youtube... sorry for the non-professianalism video! but here ya go!
    ‪my koi and goldfish eating‬‏ - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by rifraf View Post
    Um.... I haven't learned how to record a video EVER till today and then posted it to youtube... sorry for the non-professianalism video! but here ya go!
    ‪my koi and goldfish eating‬‏ - YouTube

Not bad for your first video...Thanks! Your fish looked very happy. I am always impressed by someone who can keep a 400 gallon pond looking so healthy. It must be a lot of work to manage so little water with that many fish. Be sure to post again when you are done with your new pond. What size pond are you building?

Best Regards,
    Sunny

Sansai
    Thanks SUnny!!!!!
    I have a submersable pump, I believe it's 1800 GPH and I run it up to a 150 gallon rubber maid full of scour pads, then it flows into a couple of crates FULL of bio balls and return to the pond.
    And it has done GREAT!!!! keeps the pond CRYSTAL clear, and the fish are ALWAYS lively and hungry!!!
    The pond I plan on building is probably gonna end up being around 14K...
    Here's a thread I started for it.... 10 to 12 thousand gallon pond build
    Also....
    Heres a picture of my filtration for my 400 gallon pond...
    THanks Again!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's See YOUR koi-400-gallon-pond-filtration.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by rifraf View Post
    Thanks SUnny!!!!!
    I have a submersable pump, I believe it's 1800 GPH and I run it up to a 150 gallon rubber maid full of scour pads, then it flows into a couple of crates FULL of bio balls and return to the pond.
    And it has done GREAT!!!! keeps the pond CRYSTAL clear, and the fish are ALWAYS lively and hungry!!!
    The pond I plan on building is probably gonna end up being around 14K...
    Here's a thread I started for it.... 10 to 12 thousand gallon pond build
    Also....
    Heres a picture of my filtration for my 400 gallon pond...
    THanks Again!
    Wow!!! That's a nice size pond! Can't wait to see the finish product. I have a 4,000 gal. It's my first pond. Can't afford to upgrade yet, maybe someday. Thanks for sharing!

Sunny

Quote Originally Posted by gcuss View Post
    Beautiful as usual Brother David. Curious though...? The one sakai FF showa, you said you got her when she was tosai. Was there a reason she wasn't kept for the mudponds to grow? Was she an experiment for you to see what you could achieve without the mudponds? Or did you see something special as tosai and took a chance? I think she has potential for a beautiful and interesting pattern if/when she finishes. And of course, your inazuma kohaku kept stealing my eye when I was trying to enjoy your showa...

Grant
    Good Day Brother Grant

The Ninija showa was an " accidental buy " .. and she was quite a costly fish .. . She did went back to the mud pond in Sakai FF last year and came back to my pond early this year after I realised she did not improved much on her sumi . The same period , I took another Tsukisuke Rose Kohaku tosai and Shinning Rose Sanke tosai which were much much cheaper ... . The shinning rose sanke cost me about usd 1,500 then , so i brought her back and left her in the farm at Max's place and brought her back to my smaller pond this year . The shinning rose Sanke is one of my best grower . She was merely 15 inches when I bought her , but now she measured close to 30 inches , and is still growing . She's house in Skylar's pond now . She will have to join the bigger girls by next year .
    Honestly , I don't really fancy mud pond stints ....

This is Skylar's Pond , 4 months after completion .

‪Skylar's Pond - 4 months after completion‬‏ - YouTube

David

Page 53 of 102 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast