Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 102 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Let's See YOUR koi

Let's See YOUR koi

Attach your koi photos (Best Koi, Biggest koi, Oldest koi, Or just a nice picture of your koi or pond)

I've attached 2 photos. One is of a koi coming to the surface, yet I know it's nowhere near show quality but I love this koi.

The other photo is of the same koi in the first picture and my big kohaku looking for food on the surface.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's See YOUR koi-photo.jpg   Let's See YOUR koi-r.jpg  

I have shown my Marusho Shiro Utsuri here a thousand times!! I don't care..she is my girl I actually have this picture on the wall in my treatment room, for my patients to see. She has done her Daddy proud with a few awards. As you see, she turns yellowish every winter...but, seems to return to white as the pond warms up. I always thought it was odd...until I read an interview in nichirin. The owner of a competitive shiro bekko stated his koi does the same thing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's See YOUR koi-utsuri2010.jpg   Let's See YOUR koi-shirodev09.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Brutuscz View Post
    I have shown my Marusho Shiro Utsuri here a thousand times!! I don't care..she is my girl I actually have this picture on the wall in my treatment room, for my patients to see. She has done her Daddy proud with a few awards. As you see, she turns yellowish every winter...but, seems to return to white as the pond warms up. I always thought it was odd...until I read an interview in nichirin. The owner of a competitive shiro bekko stated his koi does the same thing.
    That's a beautiful fish, nice markings on the head too.

haha your shiro utsuri's sumi forms a smiley face. The 2 eyes are on both sides of the dorsal fin and the smile is where the head starts. One happy fish!

Bobby, I wonder how many people said your Shiro would be to dark when they looked at her when she was small ?

She's a nice clean fish, Sometimes !

Quote Originally Posted by HEADACHE6 View Post
    Bobby, I wonder how many people said your Shiro would be to dark when they looked at her when she was small ?

She's a nice clean fish, Sometimes !
    It is true...when you saw her, you would have thought that. I also owned her brother...I bought him at the same time. He died a few years ago..I think he was a jumper. This was that koi....the face pattern was just awesome. Reminded me of Darth Maul or something. I miss this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's See YOUR koi-utsuri-2-2008.jpg  

My best koi must be my showa.
    She has some beni issues but they are improving.

But she is not just beautiful, but also very curious. Always comming to say hello. (or maybe she's just hungry?)

Here are 2 pic's . aprox 2 month old.
    Let's See YOUR koi-showa-ll.jpg Let's See YOUR koi-showa-new.jpg

Many of us Show our Koi so we don't post a bunch of pics. of them.

This and one other board (Shack) has several Koi Judges that post so this could be part of why.

It really looks like you have the "Koi Bug" , Good for You ! Have you ever been to a Koi Show ? What area do you live in, I bet there's a show within a couple hours drive of your Home. Then you'll Really have the "Koi Bug" !

This is my wife's sanke. My Kohaku....and Showa. The Gin rin Matsukawabake is my biggest and oldest pond resident, have an awesome
    red eyed kigoi but no picture. have about four more aka nisei to get yet from Purdin koi farm this spring. still want an asagi.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's See YOUR koi-joeys-momo.jpg   Let's See YOUR koi-img_1800.jpg   Let's See YOUR koi-img_1794.jpg   Let's See YOUR koi-img_1626.jpg  

Not my biggest, fanciest or oldest but I think it is the best quality of the ones I have. Wish my photo was as good as the quality of the fish!

Raymond.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's See YOUR koi-kohaku-mac1.jpg  
    Last edited by Sigma Koi; 01-21-2011 at 01:22 PM. Reason: pic didn't attach

Page 1 of 102 1231151101 ... LastLast