Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aid mission to Minamisanriku tomorrow

Jumbo

Jumbo
    Thank you Mark for the great reporting but most of all for being a great ambassador for us all in the koi hobby. You are top notch for sure. Keeping you and all the people of Japan in my prayers.

Take Care Brother Mark ,

We keep you guys in Prayers . May the Lord send his Angels and watch you guys all the way .

David

Special thanks to you and everyone that are helping the victims of the Japanese disasters. You are heros!!

Mark, thank you from the bottom of my heart for finding a way we all could help, even in a small way!

It is so heartening to see the tremendous support you are receiving and the genuine "hands on" help coming from the Breeders and their clients. The Spirit of Fellowship being extended by so many is more than "money". It is part of the Japanese Culture that we are blessed to share and experience in our own small way.

For those who may want to keep up with what Mark and so many "Koi Friends" are doing in Japan to help, here's his latest few days of reporting.
    Mark Gardner's blog | Niigata-Nishikigoi.com

Angry

How disgusting are PayPal - they have frozen the account for 180 days

I have sent my complaint in to them

"I sent money to Mark Gardner - KoiKit by JustKoi, to assist in the purchase of items to help our friends in Japan in light of the recent tragedy - I believe you have frozen this money for 180 days - this is disgusting.

I use paypal often to make internet purchases and if this is the way you conduct "business" then I am sure I shall NOT want to use you again.

I request that someone in authority look at this particular case and apply some common sense - our friends in Japan need this aid and need it now! not in 180 days, during which time Paypal is profiting from a great deal of misery and suffering.

Yours faithfully"

This makes me SO ANGRY!

Nisai
    I have also contacted Paypal.... Here is my response to them.

Sir / Madam,

For the second time in a short space of time i find myself totally and utterly disgusted with PAYPAL.

I recently sent money to Mark Gardner - (KoiKit by JustKoi), to enable him to purchase much needed items to help the tsunami victims in Japan in light of the recent tragedy - I believe you have frozen this money for 180 days - this is totally disgusting and PAYPAL's actions are directly affecting my choices as a charitable human and the ability of Mark Gardner to help those in need NOW - not in 180 days when your appalling company deems it fit due to useless and un-nesseary rules. I am a sensible adult capable of making my own choices and one of those choices was to let Mark Gardner use some of my money to aid these people in Japan.

You claim Mark is a "security risk" and yet i feel PAYPAL offers the greater risk to the humanity of those suffering in Japan rather than Mark's heroic and selfless acts. I suggest that some one with an ounce of common sense in PAYPAL's organization takes a look at the links below and applies some logic to the situation and free's up Mark's accounts ASAP so he can continue to help.

Links:-

www.niigata-nishikigoi.com

If a PERSON with an scrap of compassion looks around the website you will find video's and pictures of Mark's efforts and aid missions along with pictures of reciepts of what he is using our donations for along with a promise to donate and monies left over to the Red Cross to carry on the work.
    Mark has also been featured in several local and national newspapers for his efforts and there are cuttings and clipping of this on the website.

I request that someone in authority within your orgainization look at this particular case NOW!! - our friends in Japan need this aid and need it now! Not in 180 days, during which time Paypal is profiting from a great deal of misery and suffering.

Rest assured if you do not re-open Mark Gardner's account i will not hesitate in contacting the papers who have applauded his work telling them of PAYPAL's utterly disgusting stance and how your companies actions are halting the aid the people of Japan need NOW!!

Mayeb someone by way of an apology could REFUND all fee's on Mark's accounts when you re-open it allowing him to use this money also as aid for the people.

Best Regards from an extremely unsatisfied customer and human being,

Greg Sutton.

My complaint to Paypal

Paypal has made a significant mistake in locking the funds in Mark Gardner’s - (KoiKit by JustKoi) account. I recently sent a donation to Mark’s paypal account to assist his wonderful efforts to help the victims of the terrible recent tragedies in Japan. According to Mark paypal has frozen this money for 180 days and denied any appeal based on his being considered a “security risk”?

I can only imagine that someone at paypal has not done their proper due diligence about this action. It would only take a few moments to view his blog which is referenced below to see photos of Mark and other buying and delivering food and other much needed supplies to the victims of the disasters in Japan. There are even copies of several receipts to document the aid assistance from Mark.

Niigata-Nishikigoi.com

Mark has also been featured in several British newspapers for his efforts and there are cuttings and clipping of this on the website as well.

I request that paypal review and reverse this huge mistake immediately!!

If paypal does not release Mark Gardner's paypal account by April 10, 2011, I will forward this information to several major media outlets in the U.S.A. and Japan to alert them of paypal’s complete lack of intelligence and harmful action demonstrated with regard to this important manner.

Determined and upset,

Ray Jordan
    [email protected]
    Disclosure:These opinions are based on my experience and conversations with persons I consider accomplished koi keepers and do not reflect the viewpoint of any organization.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast