Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BYOT - "Bring Your Own Tank" Young Koi Show....

BYOT - "Bring Your Own Tank" Young Koi Show....

I was wondering what you guys thought of this....It's not set in concrete yet but just a thought....I think this is something as a koi community/koi club can do across the country to help raise funds for Japan.

I was thinking of a small "Young Koi Show 7-16inch" in June as a BYOT....

I know a few koi hobbyist have these small tanks that are easy to setup....

So what do you guys think? Dinh - you know if anyone has a small parking lot with access to water here in San Jose they could let us barrow for a nice Saturday?

Tony
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    I was wondering what you guys thought of this....It's not set in concrete yet but just a thought....I think this is something as a koi community/koi club can do across the country to help raise funds for Japan.

So what do you guys think? Dinh - you know if anyone has a small parking lot with access to water here in San Jose they could let us barrow for a nice Saturday?

Tony
    Tony,

Anything that we all can do to help is great. Litle by litle will make it good.

Please have a plan and get it done. You can count on me for both location and financial support.

BTW, I am not at work and have a little issue with VPN. Can you check to see how much our company got so far as of today for 2011 Japan Relief Fund? Thx buddy.

Best,
    --Dinh

Tony
    I saw those small collapsible tanks at last weekend SoCal ZNA show.

Great idea except only a "few" Koi hobbyist own these small tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dinh View Post
    Tony,

Anything that we all can do to help is great. Litle by litle will make it good.

Please have a plan and get it done. You can count on me for both location and financial support.

BTW, I am not at work and have a little issue with VPN. Can you check to see how much our company got so far as of today for 2011 Japan Relief Fund? Thx buddy.

Best,
    --Dinh
    So far our company has raised $924,662 from the employee and company matched donations.

Quote Originally Posted by ricshaw View Post
    I saw those small collapsible tanks at last weekend SoCal ZNA show.

Great idea except only a "few" Koi hobbyist own these small tanks.
    I think the world of these tanks and I think at the price of one of these tanks it is very reasonable, but I am sure the vendor can come down on price if someone wanted to buy one to participate in this show.

I think the world of these tanks and I think at the price of one of these tanks it is very reasonable, but I am sure the vendor can come down on price if someone wanted to buy one to participate in this show.
    A "Bring Your Own Tank" young Koi show would be more successful if the tanks were made available to buy the day of the Koi show.

Quote Originally Posted by ricshaw View Post
    A "Bring Your Own Tank" young Koi show would be more successful if the tanks were made available to buy the day of the Koi show.

Would be something that would be possible...

I am interested in a young koi BYOT show. I would like to hear more about it.

It's been something I was thinking about the last few years, especially knowing the hard work that goes into a full blown koi show. With this it is something that everyone can help out who wants to show from beginning to end. Having done a "bag" show in the past was quite nice, but it was hard to protect the fish in bags as they lay on the floor while people walked around checking out the fish.

I was thinking in the lines of something small, if everyone brought their own tank:

1. The hobbyist would be in charge of setup and breakdown of there own tanks.
    2. The venue would supply water, conditioner for those tanks and help depose of the water in a "green" fashion.
    3. The hobbyist would bring fish that would be manageable for them without stressing bigger fish.
    Here in NorCal we have alot of judges that are AKCA and Shinkokai to judge the show and a one day event would be better than dragging it 3days.

Also having a show between a club's main show would spark up more interest, especially those who can only afford smaller fish.

Anyways, going to run the logicistics with some of my friends and local vendors who want to help out this cause. Hopefully a club could take this and run with it if money is a issue for a full scale show.

Tony

Tony, wouldn't there still be a need for nets to handle the fish?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast