Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanke project

Sanke project

Last year April I bought these 3 sankes from SFF as tosai. I wanted to do some experiments with growth and development and these were the 3 candidates selected.

These were the only pics I had at had when I bought them from my dealer. Before you look at the pics one year later try to let your minds go on how you would predict development. Cost wise the Maruten and Sumi sanke were the same price. The 29cm one was 50% less than the other two.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sanke project-maruten-sanke-34cm.jpg   Sanke project-sanke-36cm.jpg   Sanke project-sanke-29cm.jpg  

Bear in mind that we go into winter from March untill September. So at the end of this April these guys would have had their first summer since comming here form Japan - so they had twon winters back to back. I set myself the goal of growing them to 55cm by May - as that would be a good size for nissai and worth growing on for another season in my pond.

Maruten development

Well - this was my first pic - based on pattern! What an amature I remain!

She has achieved growth up to 56.5cm! Shiro still a bit yellow but keep in mind we are comming off summer now and I've been following my summer feeding regime. The shiro will be washed out the winter with wheat germ, sweet potatoe and Saki hikari super white.

I'm still holding thumbs for female!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sanke project-sakai-sanke-56cm.jpg   Sanke project-img_3494.jpg   Sanke project-img_3487.jpg   Sanke project-img_3490.jpg  

The sumi sanke has done well on the show scene. Winning several prices including a junior grand champion award. This one allthough starting out as the biggest at 36cm has come in the smallest at 51cm. I'm still hoping for female although my hope is beginning to fade. Ticks a lot of the 'perfect' sanke boxes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sanke project-sakai-sanke-51cm.jpg   Sanke project-img_3484.jpg   Sanke project-img_3485.jpg  

The dark horse delivers

The dark horse delivers - she came in at 55cm. The lighter area on the shoulder is where she lost 4 scales in the bag enroute to me from the dealer. They have gown out well. There was a small hi patch toward the back that initially set off alarm bells of hi breaking up - it's stabilised and I'm no longer worried about that. My koi friends believe the horse shoe head pattern might slide to the back exposing to much shiro on the head. I beg to differ at this stage. I really like the sumi quality on this one - very dark but good luster.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sanke project-sakai-sanke-55cm.jpg   Sanke project-img_3515.jpg   Sanke project-img_3514.jpg   Sanke project-img_3512.jpg   Sanke project-img_3509.jpg  

Sanke project-img_3508.jpg  

Meg
    the one you call your sumi sanke has done nicely!!

Oyagoi
    always nice to see development pictures

maybe camera angle but the first 2 have really got some thick tail tubes compared to the dark horse one

hoepfully the first one can somehow bring in a few bigger blocks of sumi in the fron area also to go with the block hi pattern,but that is me

Quote Originally Posted by pskorf View Post
    always nice to see development pictures

maybe camera angle but the first 2 have really got some thick tail tubes compared to the dark horse one

hoepfully the first one can somehow bring in a few bigger blocks of sumi in the fron area also to go with the block hi pattern,but that is me
    The tail tubes on the first two ones are really impresive. The maruten has a ot of sumi to come and remains my favorite at this stage.

Very nice development given the long winter they experienced. I am thinking 'male', but will hope there is a female in the group.

Good Day Brother Ernst

I would pick Sanke 1 over the other 2 Sanke anytime . Sanke 1 is still a class above both the other 2 . Beni & Sumi placement most desirable . Beautiful bodyline from photo , but I think you can consider removing the 2 polka sumi dots on the forehead ?? It will give this Sanke a cleaner look . Easier to remove these dots since it doesn;t involve the scales .

Good Choice Brother Ernst .. Certainly make a good study Sanke on the 1st one . PLease keep us posted on their developement ...

David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast