Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New Showa nissai

Quote Originally Posted by Erns View Post
    Well - this year I purchased 4 new koi. I did move several out last year. I posted the Kohaku I got.

I also got this SFF nissai showa at 58cm. not sure how much she has grown but it seems she has put on a bit.

I also got a nissia Karashigoi from Marudo and a sansai chagoi from Ogata that has now streched to 75cm.

This showa is more old style but she sure makes a powerfull impression. The split pec has healed completly.
    What to you think? Too much sumi for the future?

Very beautiful Showa, leaves a very strong impression!!

Quick update on my showa. She is now 61cm comming out of winter and heading into summer. Slow movement on the sumi but steady.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Showa nissai-sakai-showa-59cm_180x320.jpg  

Just a quick update on this showa. Not the fastest grower but I'm loving the journey. Now close to 72cm and I think 4.5 years old. I think 2 or 3 more years for the sumi to complete?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Showa nissai-img_7605.jpg   New Showa nissai-img_7608.jpg  
    darion6 and nivek like this.

Nice...coming along and looks excellent!! I really like where it is going. Really improving well, nice thick body. Good job!!

Yes. Two more years ...if the sumi is going to finish. It has consolidated over the red pigment where it was splotchy in the past. So, it is still developing. I would not mind a Boke patch behind the head, but it would be undesirable for show.

The little freckles of beni on the face are an unfortunate development. Consider not using any color food, or pellets with spirulina or shrimp/krill. They may go away. It is impossible to match a specific diet to each fish in one pond.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Yes. Two more years ...if the sumi is going to finish. It has consolidated over the red pigment where it was splotchy in the past. So, it is still developing. I would not mind a Boke patch behind the head, but it would be undesirable for show.

The little freckles of beni on the face are an unfortunate development. Consider not using any color food, or pellets with spirulina or shrimp/krill. They may go away. It is impossible to match a specific diet to each fish in one pond.
    Thank Mike. This is the real 'before' photo from which I selected her during the Nov 2010 harvest. The transformation is really amazing on this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Showa nissai-2_showa-20nisai-2056cm.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12