Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2011 Eastern's Young Koi Show . . .

Quote Originally Posted by KoiCop View Post
    Thanks, Richard. Too bad you couldn't make it down to help bench and check out the operation in person. Next year, maybe?
    Best wishes,
    Slow communication and shoulder surgery (4/15).

For some reason I did not get the flyer to Eastern Nishikigoi's young koi show until April 14th.

Don and Brenda, congratulations on your GC. Nice win for your Kohaku!

A thought just came to mind. This is a first for the U.S. koi hobby. A show with koi displayed in clear plastic bag. I watched the judges look at fish with no problem what so ever. Some bags reached 80 degrees a tad warm but next year more shade will be provided.
    Fish were put in the bags and tied then filled with air just like filling a beach ball. about 6" from the opening the bags were much softer very easy to place the rubberbands. Glad to have been a part of this show.
    Louie

Congrats to Don and Louie for the GC and RGC respectively. Good job as always and keep up the good work folks.

The hobby needs more shows and more positive supporters including dealers, breeders and hobbyists... It is all good for the nishikigoi hobby....

It is not the first young koi show with fish in plastic bags. I remember 5 or 6 years ago Champion Nishikigoi here in NorCal had a young koi show with koi displayed in the plastic bags. It was the first in USA I guess.

Best,
    -Dinh

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    A thought just came to mind. This is a first for the U.S. koi hobby. A show with koi displayed in clear plastic bag. I watched the judges look at fish with no problem what so ever. Some bags reached 80 degrees a tad warm but next year more shade will be provided.
    Fish were put in the bags and tied then filled with air just like filling a beach ball. about 6" from the opening the bags were much softer very easy to place the rubberbands. Glad to have been a part of this show.
    Louie
    Is this a first for a show judged by Zen Nihon Nishikigoi Shinkokai judges? Zen Nihon Nishikigoi Shinkokai

I have seen some of the U.S. members (in their Shinkokai jackets) once or twice before.

"The All Japan Nishikigoi Promotion Association is a group of professional Koi Breeders and Koi Dealers dedicated to the promotion of Koi keeping in Japan and around the world."
    "Membership in the Shinkokai is limited to professionals engaged in the business of Nishikigoi, and has come to be recognized both in Japan and around the world as an affirmation of professionalism."

Thanks Barbara and Dinh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12