Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Asia Cup - Congrats Brother David

4th Asia Cup - Congrats Brother David

Congratulations Brother David on your many awards in the 4th Asia Cup! Your Kohaku and Sanke are all amazing. I particularly like your 70cm Inazuma Kohaku.

The competition looked seriously exceptional. You can find coverage of the 4th Asia Cup on Mark Gardner's website: niigata-nishikigoi.com

WOW. Lots of eye candy there.

Easier - Niigata-Nishikigoi.com

Congratulations Brother David. You had some stiff competition.

A 95bu kohaku won it... yikes

Grant

Wow, that's competition! congrats David! Your koi are beautiful....

Congrats! ... And, personally, I preferred the Karashigoi for GC B.

Congrat's to all who Showed their Koi.

I saw on another Forum where a person thought there must not have been much Competition for Grand Champion "B" and that was the only reason the Koromo Showa (Correct Spelling) Won. With over 600 Koi entered in the Show what a Sad , Uninformed statement to make. I'm sure there was plenty of Competition for that Award.

I'd Welcome that Champion in my pond any day , I guess one can't Judge a Koi from a photo.

To my Friend David , Congrat's to you for the Awards your wonderful koi Won .

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Congrats! ... And, personally, I preferred the Karashigoi for GC B.

The voting for this prize threw up a couple of interesting points.

Personally for my money, if you are going to have 19 judges and the expense and time that entails they have to all have a vote, that is the fairest and most realistic way to say that the winner was the winner. That is how it's done at the Shinkokai shows in Japan for GC.

I don't understand the ZNA way of having teams and teams nominate a GC, the head judge having overall say. Whilst there are many judges there are actually only a few votes, i.e. 1 per team.

I didn't understand why at this show the teams, 4 of them, were asked to nominate a candidate for GCB. 3 teams nominated David's Karashigoi, 1 team the Koromo Showa. At that stage it appeared the Karshigoi would win easily.

It was only when the individual votes came in that it turned on it's head and the Koromo Showa won 10 votes to 9.

Credit has to go to anyone that's prepared to transport Koi of that size and value around Asia with all the risks it entails. The winners are everyone that gets the opportunity to see them at close quarters.
    Mark Gardner

Many Thanks Brothers !!!

It was sure a fun week in KL Malaysia ... . This was supposingly the best display of Kois in Malaysia after so many years . Most participants and visitors enjoyed the communion of old friends and brothers from the Asian countries ... . The exhibition hall was pretty packed on Sunday and we had some fun during the auction as well .

I had 1st for 55 bu Sanke , 65bu Kohaku , 70 bu Kohaku and Tancho Sanke ( the only entry ) , 1st and 2nd for 75bu Kohaku , 1st & 2nd for 80bu Sanke , 1st for above 80bu Sanke , 1st for above 80bu Yamabuki and the Jumbo Gosanke Champion on my old Torazo Sanke .. . Pretty glad with the results of my fishes ....

Pretty enjoyable weekend , but feeling the fatique sinking in ....
    I brought a new digital camera with me this time ( Canon G12 ) , but so engrossed with so many old friends that I forgot all about taking photos !!!!

David

Quote Originally Posted by markgardner View Post

Personally for my money, if you are going to have 19 judges and the expense and time that entails they have to all have a vote, that is the fairest and most realistic way to say that the winner was the winner. That is how it's done at the Shinkokai shows in Japan for GC.

I don't understand the ZNA way of having teams and teams nominate a GC, the head judge having overall say. Whilst there are many judges there are actually only a few votes, i.e. 1 per team.

I didn't understand why at this show the teams, 4 of them, were asked to nominate a candidate for GCB. 3 teams nominated David's Karashigoi, 1 team the Koromo Showa. At that stage it appeared the Karshigoi would win easily.

It was only when the individual votes came in that it turned on it's head and the Koromo Showa won 10 votes to 9.

Credit has to go to anyone that's prepared to transport Koi of that size and value around Asia with all the risks it entails. The winners are everyone that gets the opportunity to see them at close quarters.
    Brother Mark

I know the maths !!! Team of 5 votes in each team , can turned up having 3 for karashigoi and 2 for Koromo Showa . So .. if the 3 teams do have similar results , it will end up having 9 votes for karashigoi and 6 votes for Koromo Showa . Now ... if the 4th Team compromising the last 4 votes , and all casted their votes to the Koromo Showa , then we will have 10 votes in total for the Koromo Showa and 9 votes for the Karashigoi . This was how the system was worked out . Unless ... the majority votes within the 4 teams goes to Karashigoi , then there would not be a recount or revote . It's a fair system . .... . No hidden agenda here ... .

Sure was fun having you around buddy !!!

David

Quote Originally Posted by markgardner View Post

With the voting so close, both are certainly deserving of acclaim. The Koromo Showa had rarity in her favor, and in all photos I have seen the quality of the shiroji came through as superior. I presume that in person the overall pigment quality was excellent. Nonetheless, as good of an example of her variety as she is, the little flaws draw my eye and in the end there is a bit of messiness in the robing that is not appealing. The Karashigoi inherently lacks refinement that comes only in the gosanke blood of the Koromo, but her simplicity is deceptive, because to have such a meter-plus koi with such a degree of even color and so few flaws is anything but a simple accomplishment. So, two wonderful koi, and I would cast my lot with the imposing magnificence of the one over the delicate refinement of the other. ...But, what a wonderful world it would be if such choices were laid before us to be made at every show.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast