Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: pictures of my pond

Sansai

pictures of my pond

Hello,
    I have attached some pictures of my 400 gallon pond. I just build a 150 gallon stock tank skippy filter! I CAN'T believe it cleared up my pond CRYSTAL clear over night!
    Also, please take a look at my koi with a red dot on her head, and has a black dot in the center of the red.... "BULLSEYE"??? Is this fish gonna be worth millions one day?
    Please give me your thoughts... do I have an original FISHY??
    Oh BTW case for those you don't know these fish will be in my 10,000 gallon pond (I'm currently building) by end of summer.. Just wanted to show-off my new filter and fish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pictures of my pond-bullseye.jpg   pictures of my pond-japkoi.jpg   pictures of my pond-skippy1.jpg   pictures of my pond-skippy2.jpg   pictures of my pond-skippy3.jpg  

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by rifraf View Post
    Is this fish gonna be worth millions one day?
    Please give me your thoughts... do I have an original FISHY??
    The best way to get a koi worth one million dollars is to buy one for two million dollars and try to keep it alive long enough to sell it...

A great thing about this hobby is that every single fish is different. Like some dealer who shall go nameless says, "koi are like snowflakes, no two are alike."

Thanks for the pictures, it will be great fun to see those fish get big in their new home!

-t

Sansai
    YAY! I got pipe through my cinderblock wall!
    I'm going to go one more teer higher with the block wall, then I'll be done with the retaining wall for my waterfall!
    Oh and i'm going todig out some more of the pond where you see orange paint on the dirt over to the left side of the picture. Cant have a pond to big! lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pictures of my pond-pipe-through-wall.jpg  

Great job Mike. The wall looks good.

So trying to visualize your build here... The wall you've constructed is the back of the waterfall with the 2" pipe to feed the spillover?

I also read your other post with your skippy filter/new koi. Looks like you did a good job building it. Please do ignore the part where it says you don't have to clean it. If you have a means to aerate it violently do so and dump the water off to waste then refill your pond as often as needed.

I think in one of the pictures I spied a showa that looked kinda cool. Your new koi is pretty cool and it will be fun for you to watch what the sumi does in time. It's also going to be a decent barometer for your water with that white body. Watch for veining or reddish tints to the fins to indicate stress. Might give you a jump if your water parameters go out of whack or you have a parasite party going on.

Keep on digging and snapping pictures. I appreciate being part of the experience.

Oh... and that Gold Label stuff is only available online (at least that I've found) It's sick expensive but super good stuff.

Grant

Sansai
    YO YO GRANT!!!!!
    The wall you see is a retaining wall for the water fall.... you're looking at the inside of my pond. the pipes are returns/ TPR's. they are there to push the water towards the bottom drain. The water fall will be behind that wall. So I was wondering..... will air lif push water at a 4' deep with all the water pressure against it? I hope those two returns you see will work with an airlift pump that goes through a filter then returns to the pond. Yeah I want some of the golden label underwater sealant! I'll post pictures everytime i do any work. I definately like everyones advice and help, so I will always post pictures and ask questions! Cuz i get help and advice for FREEEEEE hehe I love this forum and you people!
    and yeah me and my girlfriend got dumb and bought those 2 koi you seen. We really should wait. but DANG those fish were so pretty? lol. So I have a total of 8 koi. I know thats gonna upset folks cuz I have a little pond they are in. But they are only like 4 inches long. we bought them and the dealer quarintined them for 2 weeks b4 we brought them home.