Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Torazo Koi

Tosai

Torazo Koi

I'm contemplating of choosing one of these Torazo Nisais. In fact I chose one, but still in doubt about my choice. Without revealing my choice, which one you think is the best bet? There are only two kois to choose. I took the photo from Torazo's web. The others photos are glamor shots provided by the dealer.
    Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Torazo Koi-21.jpg   Torazo Koi-img378-1306226613.jpg   Torazo Koi-40.jpg   Torazo Koi-img381-1306226673.jpg  

Wow, that's a tough one. I like the first one...no-7

Both are very nice koi. Hard to evaluate the beni based on a picture. Classic example is the dealers pictures are so different as compared to Torazo's website picture.

So based on "Torazo's web" picture, I personally would go with the Daruma Kohaku. Without seeing the two koi in person, my decision is based on the conformation of the Daruma Kohaku. In particular, I like the thickness of the tail tube compared to the Picasso Kohaku.

Tosai
    Quote Originally Posted by kaidoi View Post
    Both are very nice koi. Hard to evaluate the beni based on a picture. Classic example is the dealers pictures are so different as compared to Torazo's website picture.

So based on "Torazo's web" picture, I personally would go with the Daruma Kohaku. Without seeing the two koi in person, my decision is based on the conformation of the Daruma Kohaku. In particular, I like the thickness of the tail tube compared to the Picasso Kohaku.
    Thanks for such a detail reply, it helps a lot. I too chose the Daruma Kohaku. Based on the dealer's photos I couldn't judge tail tube or beni. I kind of based by opinion on the distance of the eyes, Daruma's are much farther apart than the Picasso's. I don't know if that's the correct way of predicting jumbo.

Based on the photos, I would have selected the Daruma offspring. The pattern is somewhat lacking, but the first photo gives a sense of the body and beni quality. Nice shiroji. The other photos are too enhanced to evaluate anything except pattern.

Tosai
    Update after 3 or 4 months in local mud pond (not in Japan). Gain approximately 3-4 cm. It's been scorching hot in here in Indonesia. It was originally planned to keep until Dec 2011, but I think too big of a risk.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Torazo Koi-torazo-61cm.jpg  

I would have expected more growth in a mudpond for that long. However, the body development is nice.