Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Orlando In March: CFKS 2012

Mike, you might remember the Tancho that Kodama had last year. It lasted until sunday morning. I got there first thing and got a great deal. He said when I finally picked her up that he could have sold her a few times over.

Unlucky for me, after only having her for three months, she got into the back of my Savio compact skimmer at 21"...... Live and Learn (the hard way)

Excited for the thrill of the hunt. March will be here in a blink !

The CFKS is quickly approaching, I am making preparations to volunteer and show a few of my koi. Today, I mailed in my registration and went to have my air tank filled.
    And lastly, for the third year, I have completed a project to create something that would be of interest to the visitors and participants, in the form of the silent auction at the banquet. I hope it inspires more people to come, participate, and see some of the finest koi in the region.

Darrell
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Orlando In March: CFKS 2012-sl732497-640x480-.jpg   Orlando In March: CFKS 2012-sl732498-640x480-.jpg  

Just two weeks to go. Folks who want to enter koi in the show need to do so to be sure there will be a tank available. Registration forms are available on the website... centralfloridakoishow.org .

It's a curious thing how folks plan months ahead to enter fish, but do not send in their reservation forms until the last minute.

Tosai
    Thank you Darrell for another one of your special creations for the show. The show website was recently updated: Central Florida Koi Show

Time is running out.... There are still 2 tanks available for show entries, but need to get registration forms in asap! ...available at the show website: centralfloridakoishow.org .

Weather forecast looks great.... Daily highs in the low 80s, morning lows in the low 60s. Low chance of rain overall, but there is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday afternoon. Around here, a 30% chance of a thunderstorm is considered nothing to worry over.

A few years ago we moved the show to the second weekend in March because we had so many weather issues when it was the first weekend. Thankfully the show was not this past weekend. There were constant high winds all weekend, oak pollen and leaves blowing everywhere. Fortunately, all of that is gone and beautiful weather for the week ahead.

Tosai
    We are pleased that the sign up for the banquet is going well. Our banquet always includes a program of interest to koi hobbyists and the awards portion of the evening is run very efficiently so that everyone is out at a reasonable time. This year the program will be a panel presentation of the All Japan Koi Show to include photos and other experiences of our group that attended the ZNA Judge seminar and visited a few of the breeders after the show.

If you are planning to come to the show and would like to attend the Saturday night banquet please let Henry Culpepper know ASAP as we are nearing the cut-off for the banquet. Email Henry at: [email protected]

Visit our show website at Central Florida Koi Show

Quote Originally Posted by Joe White View Post
    We are pleased that the sign up for the banquet is going well. Our banquet always includes a program of interest to koi hobbyists and the awards portion of the evening is run very efficiently so that everyone is out at a reasonable time. This year the program will be a panel presentation of the All Japan Koi Show to include photos and other experiences of our group that attended the ZNA Judge seminar and visited a few of the breeders after the show.

If you are planning to come to the show and would like to attend the Saturday night banquet please let Henry Culpepper know ASAP as we are nearing the cut-off for the banquet. Email Henry at [email protected]

Visit our show website at Central Florida Koi Show
    Correction - [email protected]

We have to give the final count to the hotel on Wednesday afternoon, so contact me by noon tomorrow (Wednesday 3/7).

is set up today

Daihonmei
    Good luck to all involved ''on either side of the show tanks" this weekend! Wishing I could be there!

Jim Reilly D.C. ZNA

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast