Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's a sad day

Tategoi

It's a sad day

It's a sad day when you loose all your belonging to mother nature, it's a sadder day when we loose another koi kichi from the hobby. If you haven't heard already Mike Murphy( Smithvillemike )a long time member of the famous Texas Koi Wrangler and a big supporter of the Dallas and San Antonio koi clubs lost his house and ponds to the wild fires that we are currently experiencing in Texas.

Mike is doing fine, but he lost all of his kois to the fire along with all of his personal belongings. Mike has told me that he doesn't have the heart to stay in the hobby any longer or start over, but he will still come and support the shows. Best of luck Mike, let me know if you need anything.

How sad, Mike wish you the best on picking up the pieces and all your future endeavors.

Mike is a wonderful friend tireless volunteer to work with at koi events. He has served as our club webmaster and a World Famous Texas Koi Wrangler for many years. Our heart goes out for Mike. While it will be very hard to accomplish I have no doubts as hard as it will be .... Mike will rise from the ashes with the help of his family and friends.

My heart is breaking for Mike - he's such a great guy and dedicated volunteer. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help...

Meg
    Mike I am so sorry to hear of your burdens,
    You are well and that is what really matters, I am glad you are safe and sound.

When these things happen it takes time to recover emotionally. It seems nothing will ever be the same. And, mostly it won't. Things will be different, and can be even better. One day at a time. The day will come when there is a sense of adventure in creating the new normal. Grab it. Don't look back. Look forward.

So many people have suffered through natural disasters this year. I hope they all find that inner strength which can move a mountain when focused on a goal.

My prayers and thoughts will be with him during this time.....Most of can't imagine losing our koi much less our house and everything else we own but, as long as he escaped in good health hopefully he will be able to call another house home soon and eventually another pond....
    Lawanna

Tosai
    When I saw where the fires were I wondered about him. So sorry to hear that his place was in the path of the fire. The area around him used to be some of the prettiest in Texas.

I so hate to hear this. Loosing the Koi is bad enough, but to loose it all is hard to imagine. Wishing him and his family nothing but the best as they begin the hard work of putting all the pieces back together again.

Nisai
    Heart breaking to hear this news, if there is anything I can do from So. Cal; please do not hesitate to call upon me. If ever you do decide to rebuild, I can provide you with wholesale cost of goods. It has been a very cruel year and I am so sorry that you have not been spared.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast