Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: "Humps"

Quote Originally Posted by tgkh0938 View Post
    Hi Bro David,Thank you for your fair comment.I have tried to upload a short video but failed.I will keep trying.
    No worries Brother , you can either upload video by signing up in Youtube and upload the video direct in youtube . Once you have upload your video into Utube , you can embed the video id using the red Tube button from the toolbar when you prepare your post here. Hope this help .

I was at the All Japan Koi Show 2 years ago , and saw some " Dream Koi " displayed by few breeders at the exhibition hall . I arrived at the Matsue vat and saw some beautiful kohaku tosai displayed , and guess they were in the size range of 10-12 inches . Most were going for 500,000 Yen , while some we spotted were having the million Yen asking price .... .
    When we asked on the price difference , reply was " strong fish !! look at the hump ne !! " ..... Value added trait , I guess we have to blame it on trend !!!

David

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSoon View Post
    Most were going for 500,000 Yen , while some we spotted were having the million Yen asking price .... .
    When we asked on the price difference , reply was " strong fish !! look at the hump ne !! " ..... Value added trait , I guess we have to blame it on trend !!!

David
    Good Morning Brother David,

I have to ask...if fish with humps are more valuable, why are they not winning in shows in Japan? The fact that they are absent from shows, tells me that the Japanese judges might not have favorable view on fish with distintive hump.

Sunny

Quote Originally Posted by Tosai_Sunny View Post
    Good Morning Brother David,

I have to ask...if fish with humps are more valuable, why are they not winning in shows in Japan? The fact that they are absent from shows, tells me that the Japanese judges might not have favorable view on fish with distintive hump.

Sunny
    Good Day Brother Sunny

Believe these 2 winners were good representation of hump

Alexandria Kohaku

2008 All Japan Grand Champion on Vimeo.mp4 - YouTube

Shinkokai 2011 Grand Champion, M Kohaku II - YouTube

As much as we love to see thick tail tube of a big winning fish , a well developed hump certainly complete the majestic look ..

David
    Last edited by DavidSoon; 11-08-2011 at 04:53 AM.

Good Day Brother Sunny

Believe these 2 winners were good representations of hump

Alexandria Kohaku - 2008 All Japan Koi Show Grand Champion

2008 All Japan Koi Show Grand Champion on Vimeo.mp4 - YouTube

M Kohaku - 2011 All Japan Koi Show Grand Champion

As much as we love to see thick tail tube of a big winning fish , a well developed hump certainly complete the majestic look ..

David
    p.s - there is a huge buying craze on female that carry this trait .

Fry

Humps

No worries Brother , you can either upload video by signing up in Youtube and upload the video direct in youtube . Once you have upload your video into Utube , you can embed the video id using the red Tube button from the toolbar when you prepare your post here. Hope this help .

I was at the All Japan Koi Show 2 years ago , and saw some " Dream Koi " displayed by few breeders at the exhibition hall . I arrived at the Matsue vat and saw some beautiful kohaku tosai displayed , and guess they were in the size range of 10-12 inches . Most were going for 500,000 Yen , while some we spotted were having the million Yen asking price .... .

David
    Hi Bro David,Thank you so much for your guidance.I hope you can see the video on the Youtube.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcywcEZ61M4
    Last edited by tgkh0938; 11-08-2011 at 04:23 AM. Reason: some words missing

Quote Originally Posted by tgkh0938 View Post
    Hi Bro David,Thank you so much for your guidance.I hope you can see the video on the Youtube.Sandan Kohaku - YouTube

Indeed Brother

This short video clip do show the " hump " of this young tosai quite clearly , or in some decription , many would try to term this as " high or tall shoulder " when viewed from the side . This happened to be one of my selection criteria ...
    Good pick on this young Kohaku brother .

David

David

Fry

Humps

Indeed Brother

This short video clip do show the " hump " of this young tosai quite clearly , or in some decription , many would try to term this as " high or tall shoulder " when viewed from the side . This happened to be one of my selection criteria ...
    Good pick on this young Kohaku brother .

David

David
    Thank you Bro David for your comment.The two GC posted by you are really majestic & gorgeous.How nice if my young sandan kohaku can grow up like that!Dreamlah....By the way I really appreciate Bro David's effort to turn my posting of Youtube website only to a direct Youtube screen in the post.Thank you & good night Bro David

Tosai

humps

is it possible that these humps may came about from the crosses of the common carp which is also seeing the the manzo kohaku

Good Day Brother Sunny

Believe these 2 winners were good representation of hump

Alexandria Kohaku

2008 All Japan Grand Champion on Vimeo.mp4 - YouTube

David

Thanks for the video illustrations Brother David. I guess I've just stuck my foot in my mouth. I need do a better job of fact checking before I start typing next time. Personnaly, I do like the hump on them. Is this distinctive feature visible on tosais? If so, do you have a video or photo of one?

Have a good day!
    Sunny

I just bought a yamabuki from Izumiya throught a dealer and he was charged more for the one with larger hump.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast