Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Dainichi Auction, Nov 30th

Tategoi
    Quote Originally Posted by azngopher View Post
    Ryan

Being the coffee junkie that you are, You will enjoy the SJ coffee better than Japan....
    Hey Duc we both know Ryan only drinks his coffee in the US.... and you know that I enjoy only KOI in Japan . We both know how Japanese celebrate after a purchase of a koi... coffee shops are not available in Japan, but they have other KOI related things to do in Japan..... right Duc .

I don't want to start a rumor but i heard DUC slips probiotics into his coffee instead of creamer

Tategoi
    Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow View Post
    I don't want to start a rumor but i heard DUC slips probiotics into his coffee instead of creamer
    I second that rumor Dick, I always wonder how he does the " DUC SHAKE " without his coffee ........

Tategoi
    Quote Originally Posted by dinh View Post
    Here is a short story I want to share with you Texas Koi Boys....

There was a Koikichi from Texas attended our koi show last weekend.
    We welcomed him by taking him out for some coffee. After a cup of coffee, he signed up to be a member of our ZNA NorCal. "Dude, looks like you like our koi show very much", I asked. "I enjoy the BODY CONFORMATION" here in San Jose along with good coffee. I sign up to have a chance for more coffee in the future." He replied....

End of the short story.

--Dinh
    Not to get anybody in trouble Dinh, who's the straggler that wondered way up north to San Jose??? I would like to shake his hands and sit down to talk to him about koi and " BODY CONFROMATION "....

Quote Originally Posted by 4TEXAS View Post
    Not to get anybody in trouble Dinh, who's the straggler that wondered way up north to San Jose??? I would like to shake his hands and sit down to talk to him about koi and " BODY CONFROMATION "....
    I think I know whom Dinh is talking about. If you had a chance to view the pictures Dinh posted, you can spot him in multiple pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by 4TEXAS View Post
    Well, I can tell you that he is so koi kichi... He switched his hotel room to the next show site so that he can view and record the koi from his room. He already reserved a tank for NorCal 2013 show. How about you Tom? How many tanks you want to reserve?

Best,
    --Dinh

Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow View Post
    Dick, coffee here in San Jose is very strong, but I think you can handle it.
    We miss you here indeed. How about come down to bench for NorCal show in 2013 Dick? Then we all can go out and get some coffee with Texas Koi boys?

--Dinh

sounds like a plan

Quote Originally Posted by bobbysuzanna View Post
    Ok Dainichi lovers, if you post auction pictures it's time to pick out your favorites. So what's your choice and would appreciate insight from those of you who just got back from Dainichi as to the ones that looked best in person.
    they just added a few more nisai. check out photos 121-140, these were the koi in this video i posted.

and some of them are here in Ryan's video

both kohaku on this page were debated between us at length.

if you can swing the $ for sansai, the 2 tanchos were solid but the standout for me would be 3024

check out the kindai showa that was just posted in the "special" section! wow. the 2 XJr aren't shabby either. oh and the goshiki on that same page? to die for.
    大日オークション2011

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    I find it curious that there is a Karashigoi listed as bred by Marudo.

The nisai Showa are wonderful. I could not pick a favorite. There is one in every row.
    Mike,

from what i gather, the breeders seem to buy/trade koi so that is why they have other breeder's koi in the auction.

Shigeru likes yamabuki so he has a few swimming in the greenhouse. there was a killer sansai that we harvested along with our koi from Izumiya.

check out the goshiki in the "special" tab from Hiroi. killer koi.

i bet you could pick out a favorite (or 2 or 3) if you were there to select from them in person.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast