Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: A Journey of a 1-meter Karashi

A Journey of a 1-meter Karashi

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSoon View Post
    This will definitely looks good as a leader fish for your pond Brother Vic . She's 1.02 m long ...

Will send a couple of Kohaku up on the way as well when the pond is ready . Had reserved the Momotaro Sanke 2 for Brother larry , so can I leave the Momotaro Sanke 1 with you ?? I guess with current stock of 4 fishes , you can still take a couple more from my side right ??

David
    Koi brothers/sisters,

Holidays are just around the corner and it will be a memorable one since this 1meter Karashi will be swimming across the Pacific Ocean. Would like to share with you a very special gift, 1.02m long Karashigoi from Brother David, along with this Momoraro Sanke. She will be definitely a big leader for the school.

Brother David - they're so beautiful and i'll treasure them. I can never express enough my gratitude to your incredible generosity. You've given me so much already, brother! Thank you very much! She's too big for me to hold her.

Will keep this thread updated so we can see how big she can grow.

Cheers,
    Vic.

Good Day Brother Victor

This is one Karashigoi that I bought and kept in Momotaro Koi Farm few years ago and though she has never been entered for any show in Japan before , she's a worthy representation of a beautiful and well endowed bodied DOITSU KARASHIGOI . I truly hope that our Brothers in your vacinity can get to enjoy the presence of a beautiful and graceful Koi together with you and your Dream-Pond . The grace and poise of this beautiful Karashigoi will mesmerize many .

The photo of this Karashigoi was taken last year when she was 98cm , and she was 1.02 meter last month when Momotaro bowled her up for measurement . She's bulkier than what you see in the photo now . Prior flying her across the Atlantic , she will be entered for the coming All Japan Koi Show in Tokyo this coming Febuary , and thereafter , she will be arranged to fly across the ocean to a well deserved destination .

With a bigger pond , comes bigger responsibilities Brother Vic
    A Dream Fish would certainly deserved to be in a Dream-Pond , and I believe with the beautiful weather in California , Your Dream-Pond will be the perfect place for these fishes to be in ...

Brother Larry's Sanke and Your Sanke will be shipped together with this Karashigoi in early March when you're ready brother Vic . I hope you can make the same shipping arrangement as what you did last year for the mousekiteers , and I will duly informed Momotaro of the consigned arrangement .

I Pray You would be gracious enough to allow us to see this fish again during the 2013 NorCal Show , together with our brothers and friends from Asia ... I Thank You with an open heart for accepting this fish , and Pray she can bring forth the Serenity and Peace you would want in your Dream-Pond .

I Wish All Well .

David

CAUTION : Just watch your filteration ... She can corrupt your filteration as much as she can eat !!!!
    Last edited by DavidSoon; 12-16-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Brother David

You are the living embodiment of "friendship through scales", representing the best of this hobby and what it truly means.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to meet in an upcoming event at SoCal or Norcal.

Merry Christmas!

Duc

Brother David,

Wow...She'll go to `Miss Universe 2012` in Tokyo. Hopefully someone that attend the show will be able to take a short video of her and share it with us here.

A bigger pond and bigger fish will be a big challenge for me too. Hopefully the filtration can handle her.

Hope you and the brothers from SE Asia and friends can come and visit NorCal in 2013.... Definitely will bring this sumo baby along with others (Kisaki and NewSmile) to the 2013 ZNA NorCal show (and following shows), so everyone can see her. I'd love to hear some kids saying `wow... that's a big fish` while viewing her. And some day when they grow up, they'll join us with the joy of this hobby - everyone shares the beauty of Nishikigoi, friendships and brotherhoods.

Thank you, brother David!

Cheers,
    Vic.

PS: I'll work with Uncle Larry to arrange the shipment like last year for March shipment.

Don't forget to lower the water level before you put that Beast in the pond. Hopefully you have a water overflow on the pond.

Beautiful. I love Karashi. I have one from SFF and she is my friendliest koi.

Hi Vic,

When will your Dream-Pond be completed? :-) I can't wait to see these beauties swimming in it.

Happy Holidays!
    Sunny

Quote Originally Posted by HEADACHE6 View Post
    Don't forget to lower the water level before you put that Beast in the pond. Hopefully you have a water overflow on the pond.

Thanks much for reminding me, Troy. I'll lower the water level before putting this Sumo baby in. And...yes the pond has an overflow....u think water level will go up a lot when putting her in?

Quote Originally Posted by Tosai_Sunny View Post
    Hi Vic,

When will your Dream-Pond be completed? :-) I can't wait to see these beauties swimming in it.

Happy Holidays!
    Sunny
    Hey brother Sunny,

Almost there, right on the New Year. One day... if you and others are in the Bay area, you're welcome to swing by anytime to see them. These are brother David's little collection on this side of the globe.

Cheers,
    Vic.

Quote Originally Posted by ikoi View Post
    Hey brother Sunny,

Almost there, right on the New Year. One day... if you and others are in the Bay area, you're welcome to swing by anytime to see them. These are brother David's little collection on this side of the globe.

Cheers,
    Vic.
    That's good news Brother Vic! I expect to see some photos of it soon. Thanks for the invite! California is one of my favorite states to visit. I have many families and friends out there. The first chance I get, I will be there knocking on your door and demand to see some fish.

Cheers,
    Sunny