Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toshio Sakai-February 25th, 2012-West Coast Seminar/Workshop

Sansai

Toshio Sakai-February 25th, 2012-West Coast Seminar/Workshop

Koi-Bito friends and members:

North Idaho Koi Keepers (NIKK) would like to extend an invitiation for a fun filled and educational Seminar/Workshop featuring Toshio Sakai on February the 25th, 2012. There is a cost, $50.00 per person and an attendance limit of 60 koi kichi types for the seminar/workshop. There will be a form to fill out on NIKK's website and mail to sucure your seat, you don't want to miss out!

The West Coast Seminar will be an all day event held at the Hayden Idaho Airport, in a very warm and cozy aircraft hanger donated by North Idaho Forest Industries. There will be plenty of room for all who attend along with several of Toshio Sakai Koi swimming in a show tank to help with the 2012-West Coast Seminar/Workshop.

There will be more details located on NIKK's Website about the seminar/workshop--such as lodging locations, pictures of the koi and a sign-up registration form for you to review and mail. Go to www.northidahokoikeepers.com for all the updates.

See you in February,

Dan

see you opened it up by some 20 folks! Kool!! something to look forward to
    in the blahs of winter!!! In the past I'd have to fly to new jersey/philly or california to attend his seminars. Nice to have one in my neck of the woods...

Sansai

Registration Form on Web Site

Toshio Sakai Seminar / Workshop registration form is now available on www.northidahokoikeepers.com.

These koi arrived from Japan less than a month ago in perfect shape and will be on hand Saturday, Feburary 25th, for our NIKK Seminar / Workshop. So what makes these koi special, you will get first hand info from Toshio Sakai along with all sorts of value added info for discriminating Koi Kichi.

There is still plenty of room for you, we have about half the seats spoken for already but you can still be of this fun filled and informative day. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Toshio Sakai-February 25th, 2012-West Coast Seminar/Workshop-1002-sanke-39cm_2.jpg   Toshio Sakai-February 25th, 2012-West Coast Seminar/Workshop-1003-showa-37cm_1.jpg   Toshio Sakai-February 25th, 2012-West Coast Seminar/Workshop-1006-sanke-46cm_2.jpg   Toshio Sakai-February 25th, 2012-West Coast Seminar/Workshop-1023-sanke-51cm.jpg   Toshio Sakai-February 25th, 2012-West Coast Seminar/Workshop-1024-sanke-46cm.jpg  

Toshio Sakai-February 25th, 2012-West Coast Seminar/Workshop-1039-showa-37cm.jpg  

Dan, what are the koi pictured? To be used in the seminar????

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Sansai
    Dick

All koi pictured will be available to Toshio along with about an equal number of koi in our QT pond to pick from. Thinking we will have 6 koi on hand during seminar for discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow View Post
    Dan, what are the koi pictured? To be used in the seminar????

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Sansai

Sakai Seminar/Workshop Now 5 Weeks Away

If you would like to attend there is still room for a wonderful learning experience from the Master-Toshio Sakai. Go To www.northidahokoikeepers.com then go to Sakai Seminar 2012, you will find the registration form.

Lucky dogs! I would be 'all in' on the top left sanke....

Sansai
    Just a few more days and our honored guests, Toshio Sakai, Miwa and Agnes will arrive at Spokane International Airport for a fun filled weekend. Saturday Feb 25th, our West Coast Seminar / workshop will began @ 9:00 am at the C'da Airport. Seminar will be held in a hanger with great lighting show casing some of Toshio koi swimming around in a show tank for discussion purposes during the Seminar / Workshop. We are looking forward to seeing those who are attending - if you want to attend just give me a call or PM me.

There is always a great surprise when Toshio comes to town for our koi kichi types, wonder what it will be?

Dan

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkong View Post
    Lucky dogs! I would be 'all in' on the top left sanke....
    Kong, I know this is going to seem like I'm picking on you due to our last spat on another thread, but this is a good teaching moment. Hope you don't mind.
    Do the 'Kodama' test ( a common Japanese 'eye' test --- cover the back half of your sakai and study the front half pattern and its balance, size to body etc. Then cover the front half and do the same- study the back half for balance, distribution and coverage---then report back what you find. JR

P.S. for comparison, try the same exercise on the sanke on the far right.

I have a picture of Toshio and my first purchase from back in the early 90's
    that I'm bringing along to share. Sanke with matsunosuke Gin. It's been a long time love affair with his line and looking forward to grasp more information on his marusome beni and sumi.

Was curious jim, about the name Kodama for the method. So named for the
    family business now in Hawaii or was it someone else?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast