Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Avatar help

Well Mark was kind enough to resize a photo for me but I'll damned, I still can't get it to work. Tried downloading from my computer (1st box in avatar section). Tried 2nd and 3rd box from a remote site where I also have the picture. Nothing but red x comes up. Am I stupid or what?????? Any kind words of assistance to this computer idiot would be appreciated. Thanks!

av help

just as frustrated as you dan, tried even dropping in the link url to the snd box and image url to 3rd and whamo.... big red x after all the image shrinking it is starting to resemle my two step kohaku! thought I had it set down to 50 pix on all 4 sides and file only 13k still a red x when linked to in the browse box #1 maybe I really do need to start with a smaller fish...

off the rack avatar

Look at me with that look of " a heron just landed " look on my face...

Hey Mike - like you're "heron landed on face" look avatar. I guess I'll use this one for the moment.

Dan & Mike:

I am not so sure that you guys are doing anything wrong. Something screwy is going on IMHO. I tried to use a Dancing Men Avatar located at http://www.avatarity.com/avatars/3/32/3217.gif by using any of the three options for inclusion. The only one that would work was linking to it and that lasted less than a day and a big red "x" began showing instead. I could not bring the thing back online a second time. Thus the sigh character. If you get it figured out, let us all know.

Thanks,

Jeff R. :?

Jumbo
    Jeff

I guess the site of the avatar you were using didn't like people linking direct to their image. Clicking on that link gives a forbidden message.

Brian has now sorted it to enable upload of your avatar from your own machine so that the image is then loaded from the koi bito domain space.

If you have the image try it again, it should work now.

Mark - you're right - it works now. Downloaded from my computer and there it was - the photo you re-sized for me . Thanks again!

Thanks Mark! Had to resize it a little but now it seems to be working fine and I am once again dancing.

Jeff R.

Jumbo
    Excellent, glad you got em sorted.

thanks on the avatar work

Thank you so much for whatever you did it makes it very easy to set a personal image quite a job you have done with the new board. how bout a classified section? you know members with items for sale trade? wouldn't even mind if this section has adds - always looking for the next supplier of new and hot items as well of course as more fish. thanks again and truly a great job, Mike