Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: It been awhile...

It been awhile...

Well I finally got a real koi pond 8500 gallons 500 gallon Sc a 320 gallon MB and a 320 gallon SG as well as a waterfall basin that holds another 300 gallons. The pond has been running for 2 years now so I decided i post pictures from day one to the current.. I had several problems with this pond from leaks to water clarity to even koi health problems.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It been awhile...-pond2010aug22.jpg   It been awhile...-pondnewwater2010aug24.jpg   It been awhile...-koieating2-19-11.jpg   It been awhile...-frozenpondfeb4th2011.jpg   It been awhile...-03-04-2011.jpg  

It been awhile...-april3rd2011.jpg   It been awhile...-pondupdate7112011.jpg   It been awhile...-pondupdatewithmbandplants7112011.jpg   It been awhile...-mb7112011.jpg   It been awhile...-pond1-1-2012.jpg  

Good to see you posting again. Most new ponds take awhile to settle in so hopefully you will have a better result this year. I am sure you know to go light on the stocking level and feeding and go heavy on water changes and filter maintenance.

Yup. Already looking at stocking levels and seeing who is going to get a new home.

Nisai
    I envy your pond size and setup! With mine, I'm always wanting to add more fish, but I know any more than 5-6 medium sized fish is too much load on my setup. You look like you have room for a big one or two!