Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stopkhv.com?

stopkhv.com?

Anyone else seen this yet? I have no idea what this is so if you do please fill us in.

StopKHV.com
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Daihonmei
    no! Interesting. I know the big boys were working on this but saw the dollar amounts in the hundreds of thousands only and was skeptical. Novartis 2007 maybe they cracked it? If so with the Israeli kit perfected in 08? This always was an industry problem and needed an industry solution. Interesting. JR

I am checking with a few KHV researchers to see if they have any additional information.

I called Novartis and the lady I spoke with was very nice but did not have any info readily available to her. She took my name and email and was going to see what she could find out and then email me.
    Koi-Unit
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Yes, very interesting and hopefully a straightforward regime.

Thanks for the update.

ps. If it is straightforward, it does make the use of KHV as a biological control agent a step closer as the arguements against - ie the risks to the hobby become null.

Daihonmei
    I'm guessing it is that Israeli KHV test kit that looks for presence in the feces of koi. JR

I was not able to find out anything. Most are guessing some sort of vaccine. I guess we will have to wait awhile until there is an official announcement.

Well they sure aren't offering much information yet. The sumi on that koi in the center of their home page is interesting? Do you think it is real or faked? Is it Sanke or Showa? I guess Sanke.

Ok I got a call back from Novartis and the message they left says they are "waiting on licensing from USDA with regards to the herpes virus vaccine for koi".
    Koi-Unit
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Tosai

Novartis vaccine

I had a rep from Novartis call me few weeks ago (from NC or SC, don't recall). Wanted to know how interested (i.e. market research) I would be in a KHV vaccine should there be one available on the market. We talked for ~15 mins, me providing feedback and opinions on the subject based on what I observed in the koi hobby a few years back when KHV was really hot and people had numerous (sometimes heated) opinions (pros/cons, heat cycling, pro/anti vaccine, ...) on the subject within the koi hobby, etc... Said he was probing to see how much interest there might be by koi hobbyists, breeders, dealers in a KHV vaccine.

Told him I would like to see Novartis research and develop a cure for hikui! He had never heard of hikui, but said he would "look it up and pass along the information."

Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast