Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting to discuss club options to recent AKCA board actions

Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post
    Jim , think about the organization and its survival and not personalities. The magazine KOI USA is back again thanks to the turn around Steve c and wife pulled off years ago now. And now under the leadership of a teriffic new editor full of energy and a great philosophy.
    And think of that person who JUST discovered koi and has now found KOI USA and sees it as unique and amazing as it is just what they were looking for. a publication full of inspiration and answers.
    We need to support that magazine regardless of politics or favorite sons in a political fight. JR
    Oh I have nothing against KoiUSA but the timing of all of this just hasn't motivated me to resubscribe. Maybe tomorrow
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Daihonmei
    well I like to 'think' I'm not about to "shoot some Bull" after spending $730 on an airline ticket! LOLs

This year we will be reviewing a lot of things and making some changes.
    we will also be welcoming the newest chapter TriState ZNA ( a teriffic chapter with lots of enthusiasm. I'm honored to the head judge for their very first show), only 27 tanks so get your orders for space in early! A great bunch of new koi kichi!

We will be reviewing some of the new rules from Japan and going over the chapter that will be awarded the 2013 site of the annual meeting! Two heavy players looking to clinch it!! Very exciting

We will also be talking about the new ZNA blog and plans to make it more interactive for members only.

I will also , based on the $1 JR dollar no one could seem to win, introduce a new challenge amongst ZNA members and their dealers.

We will have the now famous Koi Bito poster Junichi San, lead a discussion on scarring in show koi.
    I will do a power point presentation on Hikari mono/moyo and its evolution and how the Japanese rolled out this mutation in a systematic way to all varieties. I will also share a term that only the Japanese know about the two families of hikari.

We will elect a new District Chairman

And we will set new rules regarding the future of the judging program.

So " a bit more than shooting the bull" LOLs. Hope to see your club president there, JR

Daihonmei
    moved as it interrupted the point of this thread. JR

Perhaps I should have put "" around shoot the bull as of course I know you guys do more then that lol. I'd be surprised if the President of ZNA Potomac weren't at that meeting?? Looks like ZNA is going to have a busy year .
    Koi-Unit
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Tosai

Tri-State ZNA Koi Club

To the Members & Friends of Tri-State ZNA Koi Club,
    The Tri-State ZNA Koi Club is currently preparing for its 1st Annual Koi Show. The event will be
    held June 22 – 24 of 2012, in the air-conditioned building of the Freeport Recreation Center. Located at
    130 East Merrick Road, Freeport, NY, 11520 this prime location is 20 minutes from JFK and 40 minutes
    from LaGuardia airports. Our chapter is eager to produce an impressive show of koi to represent the ZNA
    mission as one of its newest members. Our hope to draw a large crowd of koi hobbyists can only become
    reality with the help of many selfless volunteers. The Tri-State ZNA Koi Club is requesting your assistance
    to become part of the driving force behind the show’s first success.
    Tri-State ZNA Koi Club Koi & Trade Show

The Tri-State ZNA Koi Club is a social, special interest organization dedicated to the enjoyment of Koi through participation and education.
    Our chapter website Tri-State ZNA Koi Club Koi & Trade Show will be the best source for Koi information for the expert, as well as for the novice Nishikigoi (Koi) hobbyist. One of the goals of our chapter is to provide members with the most current information on the following topics: Koi history, Koi classifications, and detailed technical information on Koi. We will focus on helping educate our members and the public on all aspects of Koi Keeping, to promote the study of Koi and to assist hobbyists in becoming part of the larger community of Koi enthusiasts throughout the country and the world

Daihonmei
    Very exciting news Philip! And wonderful to see, with all the politics and with all the negativity regarding our organizations, that a new chapter is emerging! And now running strong!
    I really enjoy interacting with your members as they have the best spirit and positive attitude about THEIR chapter. Very encouraging and makes me think the hobby indeed has a bright future. We need to bottle the enthusiasm your members have for the hobby and for ZNA and share it with the world of koi!
    June is just around the corner and I look forward to being part of the first annual show. Best Regards, James Reilly District Chairman ZNA NA

I started another thread for you Philip. You can find it here Tri-State ZNA Koi Club Show More people will see it this way .
    Koi-Unit
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Daihonmei
    great idea! JR

Tosai
    Thanks Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post
    We will elect a new District Chairman
    Who's in the running for the spot or is it "How many of you like So and So?" or your pick?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast