Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012 - 25th Annual San Diego Koi Show

Quote Originally Posted by RayJordan View Post
    Thanks for sharing those tank videos. Great Job Ann. Excited to hear that it was another great San Diego show. Would be nice to see some people photos also.
    Ray, I was thinking about you and Martha when I got my new bonsai yesterday;-)) believe or not, attending a koi show but end up with 2 new bonsai and waiting for a new Smooth Fox Terrier from the dog show next to the koi show building;-))

Just got home around 1 hour ago from the koi show. I will try to find some people picture. But I can tell you that all people at the show are wonderful koi kichies ;-))

Here is the picture of my new Bonsai..... a Cali Juniper and a Shimpaku.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 - 25th Annual San Diego Koi Show-californiajuniperandshimpaku022512.jpg  

It was a good show! I was there with my wife and kids and dog. They had fun. The dog show next door was really fun too. I don't know, something about San Diego and everything around it. When the weather is perfect, like it always seem to be there, it is just great.

One nit picking thing, the lighting inside was bad. The koi would be much prettier in sunlight.

Thanks for the recommendation Dinh. After reading your posts on Saturday, we decided to go down there on Sunday. It was a fun trip for us.
    Si

Smile San Diego Koi Show

Congrats Tom Ayers.
    Well Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Van Nguyen View Post
    It was a good show! I was there with my wife and kids and dog. They had fun. The dog show next door was really fun too. I don't know, something about San Diego and everything around it. When the weather is perfect, like it always seem to be there, it is just great.

One nit picking thing, the lighting inside was bad. The koi would be much prettier in sunlight.

Thanks for the recommendation Dinh. After reading your posts on Saturday, we decided to go down there on Sunday. It was a fun trip for us.
    Si
    Glad you made it Si. Since it was in door, they had special light for each show tank. Lights were on during judging, not so sure on Sunday. I wish I have a chance to get in touch with you and visit your beautiful pond. We were in Orange county for couple days before the show indeed.

Yes, Ann and her friend enjoyed the dog show very much. We ended up ordering a new Smooth Fox Terrier puppy from one of the breeders, who showed their dogs there.

How about attending ZNA NorCal show in April of 13?

--Dinh

vid

Here is a short vid of the show without fish;-)) Recorded by Khuong D, who won the Mature Champion....

Congrats to all the winners!

How many entries altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Congrats to all the winners!

How many entries altogether?
    I think it was a total of 352 Mike.

--D

Quote Originally Posted by dinh View Post
    Glad you made it Si. Since it was in door, they had special light for each show tank. Lights were on during judging, not so sure on Sunday. I wish I have a chance to get in touch with you and visit your beautiful pond. We were in Orange county for couple days before the show indeed.

Yes, Ann and her friend enjoyed the dog show very much. We ended up ordering a new Smooth Fox Terrier puppy from one of the breeders, who showed their dogs there.

How about attending ZNA NorCal show in April of 13?

--Dinh
    You should have visited me! I am into bonsai too. Got a ton of them. I just sold a couple of truck loads of trees for cheap. Come by next time and you'll get a free shimpaku to take home.

Most likely I will make it to NorCal ZNA next year. But who knows what will happen a year from now? You guys should try to get a local bonsai club to do a bonsai show next to your koi show at the same place. Or a gardening show. You've got to try to bring in more people to koi clubs, and bonsai people are the natural choice.

BTW, which tank was the Grand Champion in?

Quote Originally Posted by Si Van Nguyen View Post
    You should have visited me! I am into bonsai too. Got a ton of them. I just sold a couple of truck loads of trees for cheap. Come by next time and you'll get a free shimpaku to take home.

Most likely I will make it to NorCal ZNA next year. But who knows what will happen a year from now? You guys should try to get a local bonsai club to do a bonsai show next to your koi show at the same place. Or a gardening show. You've got to try to bring in more people to koi clubs, and bonsai people are the natural choice.

BTW, which tank was the Grand Champion in?
    Great to know you are in Bonsai too... Thanks in advance for the Shimpaku;-)) I plan to attend the SoCal koi show next month indeed. We will get in touch for sure. I am belong to the San Jose Bonsai club too. It has annual in April timeframe as well. Will try to work out between the 2 clubs.

Tom Ayers' GC is in tank #54 - It is a very beautiful Sanke.

Best,
    --Dinh

Quote Originally Posted by dinh View Post
    Great to know you are in Bonsai too... Thanks in advance for the Shimpaku;-)) I plan to attend the SoCal koi show next month indeed. We will get in touch for sure. I am belong to the San Jose Bonsai club too. It has annual in April timeframe as well. Will try to work out between the 2 clubs.

Tom Ayers' GC is in tank #54 - It is a very beautiful Sanke.

Best,
    --Dinh
    That's an awesome Sanke! Worthy of GC!

Visit me when you're down here for the Gardena show. I plan on going to that one too. I might even have a baby koi to enter. The only show better than San Diego is ZNA Gardena! There's good Japanese food and best bonsai nurseries there!

I like your new avatar! Your fish?
    Si

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast