Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help from the U. K.

Yeah Bern you're right - their site is a good one. Just spent the last hour or so going through it. Very interesting to say the least. Thanks again.

If you like that sort of thing, you could also try -

www.koi-clubs.com/SouthEast

thats my club.

rgds BERN

Fry
    Hi Bern, thanks to the internet the world is a smaller place. Unfortunately for Dan I visited Clearwater today & they were closed. Will try again next week.

Bloody cheek. They had a day off last Christmas!

What's the world coming too? ....grumble, grumble, grumble.....

Dan,
    When Roy has visited please be sure to let us know the outcome and, once a deal is done, or is not to be done, post us some pictures.

Andrew - here are the koi. Asagi first - 21 inch female, breeder Hosaki.

Andrew - the shiro utsuri 19 - 20 inch female. Dick and I would welcome any comments. Not just from Andrew but anyone on the board. Thanks

Thanks Dan,
    It's always difficult appraising fish that others have already declared an interest in but for me the asagi doesn't excite. I'm guessing from head shape it's male but the 'dinks' to the leading ray of each pec plus hi up on the body around the dorsal would be enough for me to dismiss it, sorry.
    The Utsuri is, to me, a much classier and better quality fish. Seems nice shape, is it male or female, lovely thick tail tube and the pattern may well develop. Great shiroji, if you've got it flaunt it and this koi does.
    I must stress, just my opinions!
    Andrew

"Gentlemen prefer ponds"

Dick: That is a very clean head! I've noticed that it is rare to see Asagi with the initial scales framing the head perfectly aligned. This one is no exception on that point. I've also noticed that where the rows meet along the spine will show mismatches. This one has a low number of mismatches, and those may just be the sheen of reflection from the camera angle. The scale alignment elsewhere looks pretty near perfect to me, and the scales are nice sized, evenly shaped like from a duplicator. The scales align not only in their own row, but each row remains at equidistant angle vis-a-vis the reciprocal line of scales on the other side of the body. Yea, there is hi at base of dorsal and pecs are not perfect fans. You know a lot more about asagi than I ever will, so my "second set of eyes" is probably not telling you anything you do not already see. ........ There is a higher-priced dealer we have exchanged e-mail on recently who has a couple of older asagi posted. None of those have so nice a scale alignment as this one.

thanks guys

Mike and Andrew.
    thanks for taking the time to look at the koi and post your feelings about what your seeing.
    your right Mike, the more you learn abot asagi's the more you realize there's alot to them. another thing to look for is the thickness of the fukerin net. so many times it's uneven as it goes closer to the tail,
    But like any show animal, none are perfect, just better than any other
    at that particular show!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast