Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which koi's have potential ?

Tosai

Which koi's have potential ?

Asking the question here since it's more approriate than on the let's see you koi thread.

I need to reduce number that i have so i would like to know which one would you keep.

The pictures and info are in this link since i can't post the same pictures twice. Let's See YOUR koi

Il definitely keep the koi on the first picture and maybe the ones on pictures 7 , 8 and 9 but i have an offer for a 130$ for koi 5 and 7 so that's why , i would like your thoughst on the koi's that i have.

Thank You

Meg
    "5th Showa Kin Gin Rin is 12" , 1 year old , mouth is deformed a bit on the right side."

$130 for a deformed koi? take the money and run!

keep 1,6, 8, 9
    #1 as I am guessing it is one of your 1st koi so just deserves the spot
    (#2 if you enjoy it, some folks think every pond needs a black fish)
    #6 and #8 they have nice shape and you can watch and learn as the sumi comes and goes on these two, I like that one is dark and the other is light they will be fun
    #9 gotta keep color
    there you are down to four or five koi.

#10 looks like a goldfish ???

#1 is a goromo/goshiki mix...it's not a very good example of either variety.

#5 - Besides the deformed head(as identified by Meg), the beni(red) on this showa appears to be breaking apart. It will likely loose all it's beni in the near future. You will soon have a shiro utsuri with crooked head.

Your best fish out of the ten are komonryu(#6 and #8) and sanke(#9).

Cheers,
    Sunny

P.S. It's an unwritten rule, every pond must have at least one kohaku.

I was thinking #1 was a Kujaku. I agree with Sunny about the Kumonryu and Sanke being the cream of the crop.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyfish View Post
    I was thinking #1 was a Kujaku. I agree with Sunny about the Kumonryu and Sanke being the cream of the crop.
    Hi Dizzyfish,

Kujakus are metalic based fish. Could be the photo...but I can not see the metalic sheen on this fish.

Sunny

Tosai
    Thanks for replying ,

Well then koi 5 and 7 will be sold

Meg , the Karasugoi is the first koi that i bought so i would usually keep but since my family really like koi 1 il have let go the Karasugoi.

I upload another picture of koi 10 where you can see the barbels.

Tosai_Sunny , i bough koi 1 last year along with a butterfly kohaku of 15" but it was stolen a few weeks later.

We will buy another kohaku so thats why in the reply to Meg i was saying il have to let go the Karasugoi.

Here's a video from this morning so you can see what the koi's look like now except for koi 9 and 10 but il try to get them when i can.

koi 8 is at 2:00 min so you can see how it is now.

Sorry for the quality and light reflection.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself

Thank You
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Which koi's have potential ?-dsc01539.jpg  

After viewing the video, Dizzifish is correct about #1 being a kujaku. I could not tell by looking at your photo. Maybe I need to get my eyes checked.

Cheers,
    Sunny

Meg
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosai_Sunny View Post
    #1 is a goromo/goshiki mix...it's not a very good example of either variety.

Your best fish out of the ten are komonryu(#6 and #8) and sanke(#9).

agreed and agreed, not a goood examplre of what ever it is but I was thinkin #1 may be a love family pet...the kind the kids wont let you get rid of...lol

I feel #6 is the best of the lot

Tosai
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosai_Sunny View Post
    After viewing the video, Dizzifish is correct about #1 being a kujaku. I could not tell by looking at your photo. Maybe I need to get my eyes checked.

Cheers,
    Sunny
    Thanks , no need for eye check up , pictures are bad .

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    agreed and agreed, not a goood examplre of what ever it is but I was thinkin #1 may be a love family pet...the kind the kids wont let you get rid of...lol

I feel #6 is the best of the lot
    Thanks , i don't think il ever be able to sell unless a really good offer comes along and get's approved by the family .

Does this look's like a decent kumonryu and also as for the other koi's that you picked ?

I think is white is great but it's missing some black.

The Kujaku seem very nice for a 7 years old koi the blue is strong and the orange also.

The koi 7 became darker but will have to wait like you said , it has also a red spot just under is fin but it's better almost since i bought it so il have to see.

The sanke look's there's doesn't to have any color lost but it's hard to see since it's always far from the surface , would like to show you a picture so you can see how it is now.

If anything that i said on what i think is inaccurate please let me know.

Thanks everyone

Meg
    Kumonryu change all the time, like having two fish.
    the sanke is a nice colorful pond grade fish, it will teach ou a lot about colors developing, and I am fairly sure you will pass it along also one day.

the kujaku is like one most of us have, a survivor of our 1st lot of koi, it has shiny color and is a lovely family pet. beautly being only skin deep means nothing when you love something..... making it priceless

search for JR's and KoiDoc's threads on koi color and development and you will have a wealth of information to digest......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast