Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oxygen blender

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post
    Koi lover, are you talking about injecting air under pressure to create super saturation conditions? JR
    JR, my understanding from the materials I read in the internet, I think that is the idea. I try to see it in Trickle Tower working principles as elaborated by many who uses it that when water is sprayed into air, air which mostly consist of Nitrogen and Oxygen, then a contact between water and air makes the water somewhat oxygenated (supposedly also nitrogenated). Hence water pass through a TT is considered to have higher DO level (not necessarily saturated). Now, if we replaced the regular air with an oxygen saturated air, then theoritically the water will then contain even higher DO level.

If that thinking is true, then the challenged is to create a setup for that, which some call LHO. The LHO concept claim that the head involved in this TT like setup does not necessarily be tall. While a typical TT demand a head of >1 meter, in LHO it is claimed to be as low as 17 cm in one paper that I read (will try to post it later). And yes the creation of such setup involve injecting pure oxygen with pressure into a specially design air-tight container.

A bit of topic, the TT filter provide a lot of opportunity for us in the tropical part of the world where hot atmosphere/temperature is negatively affecting our pond. Due to the way it works, if a TT filter is housed inside a small room with air condition set at 20 degree celcius, I think this can help chill the pond water with less electricity consumption than using a chiller when you have a large pond. Off course the chiller will perform better.

I like to seek your opinion JR on whether a TT filter better be putted right after the bio chamber where it will supposedly degass CO2 (product of nitrification process?) from and oxygenate the water pass through it, as well as remove nitrate (although no one seems to be able to explain the process), or will it better to put it right before the bio chamber. Will it do the same magic if we put the TT right before the bio chamber. I used to run a small pond with only TT as the filter system, and the fish did fine if feeding and population is properly controlled.

I thank you in advance.

rgds

Nisai
    attached pls find the material. i have to confess that I did not read all the pages I only read pages that I can understand

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by koilvr View Post
    attached pls find the material. i have to confess that I did not read all the pages I only read pages that I can understand

Got it. Yes, it is an interesting system. The one I was talking about is a tower and the oxygen is forced in under pressure. JR

Quote Originally Posted by koilvr View Post
    Handy bro,

Perhaps you will be interested in a method callend "Low Head Oxygenation" aka LHO. The working principle is basically like a TT, you pass water drips to an oxygen saturated closed container box. The head is a low as 17cm. The box will have water inlet, oxygen inlet and off-gas outlet.

I think google can provide more infos but I'll be more than happy to explain to you in person if you like to.

I was about to implement this method in my new pond, but so far I'm unable to find suppier for the low-wattage oxy generator. With LHO method, I believe you can utilize low watt oxy generator operated in intermitten mode. I undertsand some portable oxy gen use as low as 30 watt while the full package oxy gen usually runs at >400 watt. I'm not really that keen to use this method if I have to add another device that consume 400w of electricity. So far a TT has done a good job for me as far as oxygen need is concerned.

the filter bay arrangement will need to change a bit depending on whether the oxygen will be supplied for the fish or the bio filtration.

rgds
    Come on bro, when shall we meet??

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by monscine View Post
    Come on bro, when shall we meet??
    Handy bro, kindly check your PM

Fry
    Hi ...I want to suggest the one of the best blender that is used to mixing and monitoring air and oxygen. That is MaxFlo2 oxygen mixture .I hope this will help who are the people searched for best blender. If you want to know detailed information regarding this go through maxtecinc.com. Thanks.

Tategoi
    We seldom need oxygen supplied to our ponds. The most effective way to add oxygen to water that needs it is to expose it to air. As JR mentioned TTs do that well. they also gas off undesirable gasses and are one of the best bio-filters. Air stones, and especially bottom drain diffusers that move bottom or mid level water, if we wish, to the surface and spread it all across the pond add lots of oxygen, waterfalls and gurgling streams work for us to.

Oxygen can be efficiently added to water using an air cone but I doubt we will ever need them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123