Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Primer Sequence Pumps !!!

Primer Sequence Pumps !!!

Did a spring maintenance for my pond yesterday. Inspected the Primer Sequence Pumps 6800 RPM series. Looks like it's still working good. It has been running 24/7 for the last 12 yrs. Just wonder how long do Primer Sequence Pumps last? Any experience you have?

Best,
    --Dinh

Quote Originally Posted by dinh View Post
    Did a spring maintenance for my pond yesterday. Inspected the Primer Sequence Pumps 6800 RPM series. Looks like it's still working good. It has been running 24/7 for the last 12 yrs. Just wonder how long do Primer Sequence Pumps last? Any experience you have?
    Best,
    --Dinh
    I do not have a "Primer Sequence Pump". I do use a Sequence 1000 pump and can tell you that 12 years service is not uncommon. When my Sequence pump's seal started leaking I called MDM and they sent me a new seal and bearing. When I took the pump and replacement parts to a swimming pool pump repair shop, they told me that my Sequence pump use a common seal and bearings.
    After replacing the seal and bearings I would expect getting another 10 - 12 years service.

Yeah, these pumps last a long time. My family in Texas has 2 Sequence 1000 pumps since 1993 and they are still running. The trick is to have the pump below water level and close to the pond. Apparently it is easy and cheap to repair too. My old dad swapped some parts out on in all by himself.

Brother Dinh, my father-in-law has the same exact pump. It had been running since the early 1990's and just broke down on him last summer. Love the Sequence and Artesian Performance Pro pumps!

Sequence Pump Dependability

I've only had my pair of Sequence 7800 Primer Alpha 1/2 HP pumps for 3 years now. One runs the mechanical/bio loop, the other handles skimmers and additional mechanical filtration. Unfortunately, one 'burned out' after about a year of operation. I was most impressed with how the parent company of Sequence pumps stepped in and replaced the pump immediately, no questions asked. I love to see a company that stands behind their products like that, and Sequence pumps are extremely popular around here. They seem to handle the hot, humid conditions quite well.