Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Yamamatsu Kashira Nisai Matsunosuke Sanke

Yamamatsu Kashira Nisai Matsunosuke Sanke

Yamamatsu Koi Farm

Above is a picture of a Yamamatsu kashira nisai Matsunosuke sanke that I copied from Yume Koi (link above). Neither am I trying to violate any copyright policies nor am I trying to promote Yume Koi. Rather, just wanted to post to share and to learn.

If you guys had a chance to purchase this nisai sanke, would you? Why or why not?

Is this a now fish or is it a future tategoi? At what show size will she be most competitive?

Oyagoi
    well my uneducated no reason is i like the koi
    BUT
    guess reason i wanted to post was to question the koi's right eye.just appears funny in THIS picture.might be nothing in person

Nisai

young champ jr champ

winner now and later what do you want to do with it. can you take it the distance time will tell id grow it out give it to me.

Excellent body. Sashi is what you want if your goal is for the koi to grow. Pigments appear thick. There is a brightness that I associate with quality skin. I would expect this to be high priced, so would want to see her in person or have someone whose opinion I trust check her out.

being familar with both the breeder and the dealer of this Koi, I wouldn't hesitate to consider this Koi a high quality fish, ripe with potential.

What i don't like from a personal taste stand point, is the messy tejima.

Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow View Post
    being familar with both the breeder and the dealer of this Koi, I wouldn't hesitate to consider this Koi a high quality fish, ripe with potential.

What i don't like from a personal taste stand point, is the messy tejima.
    Regarding the tejima issue, I have not figured out a way to predict what tejima will do. There was a time when I believed tejima in young fish would retract or disappear by sansai, simply because I saw bold (overly heavy?) tejima moderate greatly on Sanke I raised up from tosai. However, my Momotaro Sanke, which is heavily Matsunosuke influenced, displayed the opposite. The tejima became more pronounced as sumi developed during her third season. It was not what I expected, but was a good thing in terms of pattern balance in that instance.

Here, Dick put his finger on a serious question. The tejima is faint. It needs to disappear or become more bold. Seeing a picture from earlier in her development might help in making a prediction of what is to come, but I would not be certain given my past experience.

What i like to do Mike, is to check out the tail and fins underneath. If the sumi is present, I regard the possibility of strong development in the pecs as predictable. If we have clear fins, then I think the chances are better that the sumi will not be as strong.

Like all "rules of thumb", it's a helper but not always 100%. If I was in japan and saw this Koi, I'd ask to see the parents.

Quote Originally Posted by pskorf View Post
    well my uneducated no reason is i like the koi
    BUT
    guess reason i wanted to post was to question the koi's right eye.just appears funny in THIS picture.might be nothing in person
    I can see your concerns about the right eye. Definitely need to look at koi of this caliber (and price tag) before purchasing her.

Quote Originally Posted by rekoil View Post
    winner now and later what do you want to do with it. can you take it the distance time will tell id grow it out give it to me.
    Bill, I have no doubt that you can grow her to jumbo size. But I would rather grow her myself......with your assistance.