Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: most common reasons koi are lost

Daihonmei
    And this would be a better comment on the thread about bodyline- but does anyone see something kinda unusual about the koi's head in that utube video? JR

Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post
    And this would be a better comment on the thread about bodyline- but does anyone see something kinda unusual about the koi's head in that utube video? JR

4th Asia Cup koi Show 2011 Malaysia -Jumbo Champion A - YouTube

Saw this video posted on Youtube while watching the Soragoi Junbo Champion .

My 11 years old Torazo Sanke still faithfully growing and still looking young with a relatively clean head till today . You're absolutely right Brother JR , it doesn't need anymore than 8 kilo of food a month for 20 old girls of this size and yet making their desired bodyline intact and healthy . Their matabolism slowed once they past gosai .... This is reason why I "retired" most of the older girls from "competitive shows" to reduce health issue over feeding just to bulk them up . Occasionally , I would still bring some older girls to the show ....not to compete , but exhibit them to promote Health with Age .

David
    Last edited by DavidSoon; 03-24-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Tosai
    Bro David,

I remember the Sanke from the 4th Asia Cup in Msia, youthful in look and demeanor . Now that i know it is 11 yrs old , i would not have risk it sending so far for a show , and there are a few over 7 yrs old too . Well i suppose without these super jumbos gracing the show, it would not have its wow factor and attraction. thanks.

I had a koi a shiro more than 12 yrs old from my old pond. And when my current pond was completed , in my haste to "upgrade" my collection , i gave it away, a big regret.
    Agree with what Mike said " There is also something to be said for having an old koi in the pond population. They teach a perspective that has less to do with passing beauty and more with appreciating life."

Now i have a few reaching 7-8 yrs old , will keep them for as long , as an appreciation of life.

ts

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidSoon View Post

4th Asia Cup koi Show 2011 Malaysia -Jumbo Champion A - YouTube

Saw this video posted on Youtube while watching the Soragoi Junbo Champion .

My 11 years old Torazo Sanke still faithfully growing and still looking young with a relatively clean head till today . You're absolutely right Brother JR , it doesn't need anymore than 8 kilo of food a month for 20 old girls of this size and yet making their desired bodyline intact and healthy . Their matabolism slowed once they past gosai .... This is reason why I "retired" most of the older girls from "competitive shows" to reduce health issue over feeding just to bulk them up . Occasionally , I would still bring some older girls to the show ....not to compete , but exhibit them to promote Health with Age .

David
    Looks great David, good color retention and very healthy looking! You can always tell how well a fish really is by the way it moves. alert, fast, graceful, interested in its environment,full of life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12