Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Which Oyagoi?

Thanks Bavotoi! If my memory serves me correctly...you did some breeding too. How is that going?

Regards,
    Sunny

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosai_Sunny View Post
    Thanks Bavotoi! If my memory serves me correctly...you did some breeding too. How is that going?

Regards,
    Sunny
    Thankyou last season 2012, I keep only one benigoi grown from 8" - 13". Not much growning.

Quote Originally Posted by BAVOTOI View Post
    Thankyou last season 2012, I keep only one benigoi grown from 8" - 13". Not much growning.
    Breeding koi is a lot of fun...and it can also be very frustrating. Keep on trying until you succeed. What variety did you breed to get the benigoi? Kohaku?

Nisai
    Breeding koi is a lot of fun...and it can also be very frustrating. Keep on trying until you succeed. What variety did you breed to get the benigoi? Kohaku?
    I breed Chagoi male x Soragoi female = Chagoi,Soragoi,benigoi,Ochiba. That all I

Quote Originally Posted by BAVOTOI View Post
    I breed Chagoi male x Soragoi female = Chagoi,Soragoi,benigoi,Ochiba. That all I
    That's a very interesting result with the benigoi from a non-beni parent set. It shows how much mixed genes there are in nishikigoi. You should start a thread for your next spawn, so we can learn from your experience.

Regards,
    Sunny

Tategoi
    I'm very happy to see this thread is still alive and I hope that it remains alive. Hope to see more updates of this 2012 breeding. Did you get any comments by Dainichi or friends? Are you growing these babies in a mud pond? What is your set up?

Quote Originally Posted by chang26k View Post
    I'm very happy to see this thread is still alive and I hope that it remains alive. Hope to see more updates of this 2012 breeding. Did you get any comments by Dainichi or friends? Are you growing these babies in a mud pond? What is your set up?
    Hey Chang,

Glad you are enjoying this thread. As long as I can keep them alive, I will definitely provide future updates of their progress. As for Dainichi, I am not lucky enough to be friends with them to show them these fish. But if I were to ask Shigeru of Dainichi Koi Farm for his opinion of these fish, he would probably laugh in my face. :-)

I do not have access to any mud pond. These fish were raised in my QT until they were big enough to join their parents in my main pond. Unfortunately, there is no room in my backyard to expand. That's precisely the reason I cull them very heavily to avoid overcrowding.

BTW, haven't seen you posting lately. Have you been busy spawning and playing with your mud ponds? Anything to share? As for the home-grown contest that you suggested, let's get it going. It would be a fun and friendly competition. :-)

Regards,
    Sunny

Tategoi
    Hey Chang,

Glad you are enjoying this thread. As long as I can keep them alive, I will definitely provide future updates of their progress. As for Dainichi, I am not lucky enough to be friends with them to show them these fish. But if I were to ask Shigeru of Dainichi Koi Farm for his opinion of these fish, he would probably laugh in my face. :-)

I do not have access to any mud pond. These fish were raised in my QT until they were big enough to join their parents in my main pond. Unfortunately, there is no room in my backyard to expand. That's precisely the reason I cull them very heavily to avoid overcrowding.

BTW, haven't seen you posting lately. Have you been busy spawning and playing with your mud ponds? Anything to share? As for the home-grown contest that you suggested, let's get it going. It would be a fun and friendly competition. :-)

Regards,
    Sunny
    I no longer have time for koi and my backyard breeding hobby is now on hold. The reason is I don't have a female sanke and no time for the mud pond. I still have a koi pond in my backyard but the mud pond is no longer in operation. I would love to see all ya'll do that home-grown contest and maybe 2 years from now I will join. My hat is off to you and your backyard skills.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678