Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: brian suggestion

brian suggestion

This has bothered me for awhile with the new format so i haven't said anything. but here's my thought...
    we are very fortunate to have the likes of Jim Reilly to share his knowledge with us on this board. every time I see a posting listing him as tosai ( some rank beginner in life) it bothers me. I don't wish to get in a heated debate over who deserves what ranking but what's the possibility
    of honoring Jim with a top ranking. just one person, one time. he's taking his valuable time and I'd like to acknowledge his contribution. maybe there's another way but i'd like to let him know he's appreciated. that's not to say we won't always take another view on something but atleast he'll know ON THIS BOARD he was acknowledged. Jim has done alot for this hobby both here and in europe and japan. i think something unexpected ( he wouldn't probably would want to be treated any different) would be something that ought to be done. anyway, would like to hear what others have to say!

Daihonmei
    and can I apply for the title of "Court Jester"

Brian if you want to designate someone superior to the others please designate me as a lesser being.

I vote maurice, brady, etc be on that list too...where does it end?

Nisai
    Dick, I totally agree with you, but since I do not know many of the guys that post here from GB etc., I can't say that this won't become a problem with others asking for equal billing and causing a struggle. If so, I think Brian should step in IMMEDIATELY and put the thread to and end before it gets into a pissing contest.

I vote yes for JR though.

Rod L.

Jumbo
    Dick

I understand what you are saying.

In reality the 'tosai' etc status is nothing more of your indication of the number of posts on the board and can never be a measure of the quality of posts.

IMHO i don't think anyone who has spent any time on the Koi BB's will take the 'rating' as a true assessment of the 'quarity' of JR's posts.

Mark

p.s. maybe you'll rattle his cage and encourage more posts so he can be first to 'jumbo' :lol: :lol:

Tategoi
    I think the quality of one's posts can speak for themselves.

The 'tag' of tosai, etc., is just a fun little thing that doesn't really matter anyhow.

Here's a useful one: a tag denoting 'dealer' or 'hobbyist'.

Jason: You may the right approach, if not the right terms. In the 12 months or so since I stopped being a lurker only, I've learned more from JR than any book. He is always testing my brain cells whenever we have an exchange. There is a Japanese term for for a teacher-mentor. I seem to recall it relates to Shinto. My gray matter is a bit fuzzy right now, having spent a chilly feeding time with a bottle of red. Perhaps Brian can recall the term. ... 'twould be far more appropriate than a term describing the number of seasons in a mud pond.

Best of both worlds (Iken!)

I think Dick's suggestions has merit.

I am also a member of a local(Thai-language koi board: fancycarp.com) which could assign special names(e.g, VIP) to individual members. At the same time, it uses similar titles based on the number of posts.

Regardless, I think JR is a "tobi/jumbo" of whichever classification he belongs to. :idea:

Hi Mike, I think the term you are looking for is Sensai, or something close to that.

Personally I think messing around with these post count values is a no brainer. Who's qualified to judge who's who?.

Lets leave it as it is, an indication to the number of posts made.

However, I think Mark Gardner should be a Tobi by now :wink:

rgds BERN

Bern,

What 'picture' are you thinking of when you say Mark is a Tobi?

Somerset, England. (land of the country bumpkin)
    Mark only suffers a ‘little’ from the age-old problem of English bred koi.
    And I’m just a pond mutt, plain ugly!

So the list goes from 'Grand Champion' JR, all the way down to me, 'Pond Mutt'.
    Have a nice day,
    Maurice.
    PS Mike Snaden, is suffing from 'Dropsy'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast