Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bulging Eyes

Daihonmei
    also a common formula used universially in the aquaculture and aquarium hobby is formalin and Mal green salt. It cames under MANY brand names and is made by companies you will be familiar with-- Kordon and Hikari for instance. It is relatively safe ( as long as you do water changes before repeat doses). This will like not only ich but also trichodina and other small protozoa. But for costia I always use PP. your choice. JR

Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post
    also a common formula used universially in the aquaculture and aquarium hobby is formalin and Mal green salt. It cames under MANY brand names and is made by companies you will be familiar with-- Kordon and Hikari for instance. It is relatively safe ( as long as you do water changes before repeat doses). This will like not only ich but also trichodina and other small protozoa. But for costia I always use PP. your choice. JR
    Is formalin and malachite green salt liquid?
    I know formalin is liquid and MG is powder...I used MGF (malachite green and formaline)..is it not the same?
    Will two PP at 3ppm be enough to treat the costia or I should do some more?
    I know for ich I need to repeat the treatment depending on the temperature...since the eggs or what ever it is called are not affected...

MCA
    In the States most folks purchase a commercial liquid FMG product such as Proform-C to use on their ponds.

Parasite Treatments - Koi Care Kennel Product Line

I was warned that I did not want to be handling MG salt powder and try to mix my own FMG.

Quote Originally Posted by MCA View Post
    In the States most folks purchase a commercial liquid FMG product such as Proform-C to use on their ponds.

Parasite Treatments - Koi Care Kennel Product Line

I was warned that I did not want to be handling MG salt powder and try to mix my own FMG.
    Thanks...but that is a bit too far for me...I use saponver plus for flukes...some one donated 2 bottles to me in SA as a present...They use that there and are very happy with it...they say used ones it kills all flukes...but to do it twice for the gill flukes...due to their eggs...hatching later.
    I was given a recipe for the mixture in MGF by the manufacturer...that makes and sales it...in order to make it at home...I never did..I buy it ready...but he told me it is OK to make it yourself, as long as U are accurate of the proportions and use fresh formaline.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345