Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: American Koi Judges Association!

Nisai
    It's long past due. But why, oh why the tie-in to fakebook? (Facebook as it is more widely known). You'd be amazed by the actual number of people who have not signed up and never will owing to their lack of safeguards to an individual's personal information. I would have loved to have given you guys a big thumbs up and best wishes for success.

Looks as though this board will have to suffice.

MCA
    I assume that the AKCA program is now defunct? Is AKCA also gone?
    I would suggest those are questions best answered by Kristine.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    It's long past due. But why, oh why the tie-in to fakebook? (Facebook as it is more widely known). You'd be amazed by the actual number of people who have not signed up and never will owing to their lack of safeguards to an individual's personal information. I would have loved to have given you guys a big thumbs up and best wishes for success.

Looks as though this board will have to suffice.
    In addition to the Facebook page, there is also a website currently being developed: American Koi Judges Association - Home

This is such a shame. Many people have put in lots of work to develop AKCA and the magazine. Leadership the last 10 years has been mostly the same group. I felt for years that an organization needs change in it's leaders to grow and remain nimble. Several months ago I challenged the current leadership to explain the need to change the election rules. Several of the board members read Bito and responded to JR on the same thread. They ignored my request. Both have done several good things for koi like helping Ben at Laguna Koi but they may have missed the target here. Change is in the air and the "rebels" have seized the day.
    Full Time Koi NUT
    SoCal beats NorCal KOI UNIT
    Mark W
    CKHPA

Nisai
    Rebellion? No sir, Renaissance

Re Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    You'd be amazed by the actual number of people who have not signed up and never will owing to their lack of safeguards to an individual's personal information.
    There is a lot of people who do use Facebook.

Is your personal information safe on Facebook?

Online Privacy vs. Facebook

Not signing up for Facebook is not a guarantee that people do not have access to YOUR personal information.
    From Online Privacy: How to Control Your Personal Data:
    "Most people don’t think of the phone book as that yellow block of razor-thin sheets anymore. It’s been digitized, along with your contact information, habits, and interests. In fact, all the stuff that used to be offline — like government records, court records, product registrations, and subscriptions — has moved to the web. And we’re adding new types of information all the time."

Daihonmei
    I am very disturbed by what has taken place, and I make no secret about that fact. I have friends on both sides of this revolt and the splintering of a once proud organization it has caused. We will now have two weaker national organizations instead of one strong one-- all over people not liking other people and refusing to get along. The myriad of message boards and internet clubs were the first sign, the omni-present commercial creeping into ametuer koi culture the second, and now three judging organizations/ two competing national organizations, the third.
    In the end the hobby will suffer. And the commercal interests and their message will get stronger. And likely inherit the role of education in the next series of splits.

THE BALKANIZATION OF THE HOBBY HAS BEGUN.

So very sad, JR

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by MCA View Post
    I would suggest those are questions best answered by Kristine.

Thanks MCA. I don't know Kristine beyond a brief introduction. Seems like a lovely woman, not sure why all these good ole boys are so unkind to her? Seems rude. But then again, look who's saying 'rude' LOLs. At any rate, I have some feedback and its AKCA will survive as it has through the past three storming of the gates! albeit weaker and smaller than its glory days. ( I seem to be saying that a lot about Japan, BKKS, NI and a host of other once great koi related entities and activities. I once was at an All Japan show that 4000 koi entered!!)
    You know, if you live long enough, you will see almost everything-- I once was in a crowd that stormed the gates of AKCA ( so many years ago now)-- thank God we compromised-- we redid the bylaws and the revolt ended, and we were left with a better organization for it-- it must be a sign of old age coming on! I'm reminiscing too much! LOLs JR

Question

We now have judges that are BOTH ZNA and AKCA.
    Will there be judges that are ZNA, AKCA, and AKJA?

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by ricshaw View Post
    We now have judges that are BOTH ZNA and AKCA.
    Will there be judges that are ZNA, AKCA, and AKJA?
    ricshaw, I don't think anyone can answer that question right now. I think it will sort out as we see AKCA clubs drop their affiliation ( some after twenty years of association) and others remaining traditional and affiliated. And still others, wanted to joining both. I don't count ZNA in this mess to the extent that we are chapters ( part of a greater club) and not associated the way the national identities are. So hopefully ZNA can steer clear of this brother against brother civil war. JR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast