Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Oregon Koi & Watergarden Society Koi Show

Sansai

Oregon Koi & Watergarden Society Koi Show

Last week end (6/9/12) Sharon and I took some time off of work and drove to Roseberg, Oregon a 10 hour drive for our 1st experience with their show. This was their 11th show and I must say the Oregon Show Chairs with Tracy Flury and volunteers kept everything flowing and organized, they know how to put on a successful koi show! What a great friendly club with their welcome mat rolled out, was totally over the top. Erwin Santos and Vic Nair judged this show, educating those in attendance with many words of wisdom for keeping koi.

Sharon and I brought four koi to the show:

Grand Champion Sanke 28 inch Purchased 2008 as a 3 yr. old
    Best in size 4 Kohaku 20 inch Purchased 2010 as a 2 yr. old
    Reserve Champion 26 inch Kohaku Purchased 2007 as a 3 yr. old
    Best Doitsu 24 inch Purchased 2004 as a 2 yr. old

We have nurtured and kept these entrants over the years and shown them in the past at other Northwest shows. All were bred by Toshio Sakai of INC in Japan.

This show and their members treated Sharon and I to a wonderful weekend full of fun plus other koi kichi friends from California, Oregon and Washington.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Oregon Koi & Watergarden Society Koi Show-img_4752.jpg   Oregon Koi & Watergarden Society Koi Show-2011-young-koi-show-011.jpg   Oregon Koi & Watergarden Society Koi Show-img_4757.jpg   Oregon Koi & Watergarden Society Koi Show-2010-30th-annual-nwk-gf-show-001.jpg  

glad you posted something as i looked for a week for any coverage anywhere and saw nothing. Every club needs a matt and tracey...

If you liked Erwin-san as a judge, you'll love the upcoming portland show. Word has it that ZNA's voice in America will be head judge.

Congrats to the show team and to Norm Call for his hospitality

Congratulations Dan and Sharon.... sorry that I missed the show...

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by Danjols View Post
    Last week end (6/9/12) Sharon and I took some time off of work and drove to Roseberg, Oregon a 10 hour drive for our 1st experience with their show. This was their 11th show and I must say the Oregon Show Chairs with Tracy Flury and volunteers kept everything flowing and organized, they know how to put on a successful koi show! What a great friendly club with their welcome mat rolled out, was totally over the top. Erwin Santos and Vic Nair judged this show, educating those in attendance with many words of wisdom for keeping koi.

Sharon and I brought four koi to the show:

Grand Champion Sanke 28 inch Purchased 2008 as a 3 yr. old
    Best in size 4 Kohaku 20 inch Purchased 2010 as a 2 yr. old
    Reserve Champion 26 inch Kohaku Purchased 2007 as a 3 yr. old
    Best Doitsu 24 inch Purchased 2004 as a 2 yr. old

We have nurtured and kept these entrants over the years and shown them in the past at other Northwest shows. All were bred by Toshio Sakai of INC in Japan.

This show and their members treated Sharon and I to a wonderful weekend full of fun plus other koi kichi friends from California, Oregon and Washington.
    Congrats Dan and Sharon...

Sorry, we missed that show. Sumi was sick and we had to stay in the hospital.

Promod.

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow View Post
    glad you posted something as i looked for a week for any coverage anywhere and saw nothing. Every club needs a matt and tracey...

If you liked Erwin-san as a judge, you'll love the upcoming portland show. Word has it that ZNA's voice in America will be head judge.

Congrats to the show team and to Norm Call for his hospitality
    yes, nice koi! Love the skin! congrats to Toshio for make'n then and to Sharon and Dan to keep'n them looking that way!
    THIS is what koi keeping is about-- not judt buying 'beauty' but maintaining it! Kudos.

As for the rumor JR is judging at the prestigious Pacific ZNA show, I did hear a Bigfoot was signed in the pacific Northwest ( a common occurence in that part of the world). But it turned out to be an unshaven guy from New Jersey trying to find the show site! JR

from the ZNA voice in America to a reasonable image of bigfoot is quite the reach of discription for a man from new jersey. I'm trying to get Bill Blackburn to leave the comforts of his Nevada home to stop bye and say hello to one of his olde koi "buds". he was quite the matsunosuke nut in his time

Congratulations on some beautiful koi!