Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kindai Showa - Your Thoughts

The other photo I sent to Brady. Had to post it from my AOL storage. For some reason I could not get it to go with the browse button from my computer. Hopefully a closer look. To answer a few questions - do not know the Breeder, and it was a two year old this past spring. As Brady mentioned the hi is softer orangy red. The white on this koi makes the hi look more intense in color depending on the lighting and viewpoint.

Brady - I would love to bowl it up and take some additional photos but alas it still too cold out. Just got over a week of snow and ice and the typical rainy Northwest winter weather has returned. Pond temperature is starting to rise again but is currently at 45 degrees F. I do however promise to do that for you this spring when conditions are right.

dan,
    why you can't always depend on a pic to give you a true color. the red does have orange in it! (that's a good thing) ! I am concerned about the dappled red at the base of the tail as if red was there and was fading away?

erm.. that's interesting that you read that 'hi' like that Dick, I can also see a case for reading that as unstable hi going, or poor secondary hi that won't make it (when does it ever?).
    Alas I can't see that this further photo opens the door for a belief of female and I have to say this photo shows a bland right flank, I question now that the koi is as balanced as I first thought and maybe is somewhat katamoyo?

Hey Andrew - if you're going to talk to Dick about my koi in code I will have to dig out my enigma machine. All kidding aside , it does at this point appear somewhat katamoyo (single sided pattern), but there is some underlying sumi on that side, at the outside edge of the mid-dorsal patch (2nd hi marking from the tail), which if it surfaces could be a match for the other side. Only time will tell. Thanks for the comments.

LOL Dan! sorry if I was away and waxing lyrical. You have an enigma machine? :wink:
    Indeed, joking apart, nice koi, if the sumi you detail does it's share, and makes an appearance, it will certainly balance it up, then again, single photo's can be so misleading.
    A UK dealer has a showa for sale that I saw a photo of and an interest was registered. A few days later that dealer put on his website a 15 second video clip of the same fish. Wow, how different was that to the single pic? and yes, even though different, still obviously top quality and I'm still interested. Isn't that Just Koi? :wink:
    Andrew

"Gentlemen prefer ponds"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12