Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11th Annual NMZNA Show

Wow some real beauties there, thanks for posting Troy.

love the GC "B"....quite the difference from old style heh, Mike S?

Looks like it was a great show. And Troy I'm glad you did the inches conversion for us on the last couple of posts. I was beginning to think you were completely switched over to the metric system.

I wanted to add my thanks to all the special koi kichi that made this such a fun and educational weekend. The entire weekend was a great event. This is another special group of koi lovers doing an amazing about of work to put together a well run show to expose the hobby we love to the public.

The show was well located in the city park next to the Japanese garden to draw in lots of people that have never seen show koi before. I had a smile on my face all weekend as person after person walked up and looked into the koi tanks and asked questions. I have a feeling that several of this casual visitors will become the dedicated volunteers that help this show and club keep moving forward.

There were some special koi to go with the special people. I also really enjoyed judging with my good friend Henry Culpepper. This show I believe completed his judging requirements necessary to become the next ZNA local certified judge. We are very lucky to have a group such as this go the extra mile and put together a great koi event for anyone to enjoy. Thanks so much for inviting me to judge your show this year.
    Disclosure:These opinions are based on my experience and conversations with persons I consider accomplished koi keepers and do not reflect the viewpoint of any organization.

Some additional Koi that were entered into the Show.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11th Annual NMZNA Show-6-16-12-024.jpg   11th Annual NMZNA Show-6-16-12-035.jpg   11th Annual NMZNA Show-6-16-12-044.jpg   11th Annual NMZNA Show-6-16-12-057.jpg   11th Annual NMZNA Show-6-16-12-059.jpg  

11th Annual NMZNA Show-6-16-12-070.jpg   11th Annual NMZNA Show-6-16-12-083.jpg   11th Annual NMZNA Show-6-16-12-085.jpg   11th Annual NMZNA Show-6-16-12-144.jpg   11th Annual NMZNA Show-6-16-12-179.jpg  

Tosai
    We always enjoy spending a weekend with our fellow NMZNA members and friends at this show. Dick and Brenda Thomas, Mike and Michelle Pfeffer, Mark and Tam Skaggs, Chris and Cheryl Carter, Steve and Cheryl Childers, Charles and Carolyn Phelps, Troy Head, our judges Ray Jordan and Henry Culpepper - and so may more, who work so hard to make this show such an enjoyable and relaxing event.

We were deeply honored to win "one of the ten coveted scrolls", as well as the beautiful framed picture and signed certificate created by John Sprinkle, but most important is the comaraderie and friendship that draws us to this show year after year.

Thank you NMZNA for another terrific show!

Bryan Bateman

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by bryzkoi View Post
    We always enjoy spending a weekend with our fellow NMZNA members and friends at this show. Dick and Brenda Thomas, Mike and Michelle Pfeffer, Mark and Tam Skaggs, Chris and Cheryl Carter, Steve and Cheryl Childers, Charles and Carolyn Phelps, Troy Head, our judges Ray Jordan and Henry Culpepper - and so may more, who work so hard to make this show such an enjoyable and relaxing event.

We were deeply honored to win "one of the ten coveted scrolls", as well as the beautiful framed picture and signed certificate created by John Sprinkle, but most important is the comaraderie and friendship that draws us to this show year after year.

Thank you NMZNA for another terrific show!

Bryan Bateman
    Special congrats Bryan and Bay, on your win of the ZNA Scroll! I know your fish and one each one seems better than the other and that's saying a lot as they are all good! You have an eye for wrapped patterns and black based fish, no doubt.
    I'm not sure who has won the most number of scrolls over their show career? I have four and I know that Joe Co left me in the dust years ago with a posibble 6 or 7? And our friend from the Caymans is also way up there I think? I'll have to do some research when I'm over in Beppu for my next assignment. Congrats again and keep th'em coming! JR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12