Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who knows Maurice Cox in the UK?

Lee
    Sansai
    Hi Maurice,

Although you're obviously, famous, you're not the easiest guy to find...

Yes, indeed, your site is of great interest, however, if you would read it yourself 'try' to find anywhere wherein you state who it is whose written it; and, who it is who is providing all that good 'stuff'.

Yes, thank you... I found the site thanks to our colleague on this board.

I had thought your trickle tower looked darn interesting, however, I wanted to know more detail as I am interested in it for my own new pond...

What are the size of inlets and outlets, what is the size pump you're operating to bring the water into it and whether you then have a vat to drain it into (a holding 'vat' as I would like to do that so I can then pump that water up and back through a water fall)...and what size pump, you'd use for that purpose?

Is there a built in bottom drain to eliminate and flush out the dead bacteria...

What are the choice's of media? Etc, etc...

What is it's weight?

Can several towers be connected together?

Maurice, I've a whole bunch of questions. And, I anxiously encourage your detailed reply...

All the best,

Lee
    Grand Cayman

Lee,
    while not as famous as Maurice, I have been playing with trickle towers
    for over 15 years and am known locally as the guy who knows about them.
    if you need a second opinion or have any follow up questions let me know either on or off the board, i'll be glad to help!

Lee
    Sansai

Richard...thanks, pal!

Richard,

Imagine, if I could get JR, Roddy, yourself, Griff, Maurice, Greg, Trevor, Thom, etc...all into one room wherein each would give advice on how to design the worlds most efficient Trickle Tower - (and, then build it) it might look like an elephant, sound like a sheep, roar like a lion, but it would be the best darn trickle tower ever designed.

Of course, I need your help. Please.

In fact, my friend, I need all the help with this huge pond project (that I have now begun) that I can assemble.

Da' best back, t'ya, from -

Lee
    Cayman Islands

Ok my first post here, would it be possible to have any Q & A sessions left on-board. That way the lurkers can learn too!. I’m feed up with re-inventing the wheel, it’s too expensive!, as such I would like to take advantage of the immense amount of experience that a number of you guys (and girls) have.

Many thanks,

Gary (destined to remain a fry, for the time being!)

Lee
    Sansai

The world is not static...

Dear New Friend,

I hope you come back soon and often. And, that you contribute all of your thoughts, skills and ambitions to this board.

Be assured, we (here) are also all new...to the hobby.

Therefore, do not 'believe' that anything you don't know and that you want to ask - is an 'exception'.

The simplest question herein asked, has been asked before by someone else and will be asked once more long after you have had your reply...and, a new thread has replaced the question you had asked.

However, as far as reinventing the wheel. "Whoa, now!"

We must continue to reinvent "the wheel" as if not, we won't be moving our knowledge forward, nor our expertise or the health of our beloved koi.

Thus, it is mandated that we continue to share all that we know with each other, as well as, encourage others to advise, argue, comment, respond and suggest - what they too know. And, what they also think or what they too would propose...as without this give and take and without argument, none of us would have any opportunity to learn more than we now know.

And, I doubt any here would argue that all of us need learn far more...than we now know.

Therefore, be encouraged to 'add your two cents' whenever you choose.

I am certain that when Brian Sousa created this format that this was his primary purpose...

....so, join in, please!

And, welcome..."home".

Warmly,

Lee
    Grand Cayman

Hi Gary,
    welcome to our board. glad you found us. hey, ask away on anything
    you need to know. what I've learned over the years that's helped me is the diversity of being sucessful. your dealing with the world here really,
    and many do things different that work for them but because of climate,
    water,ph etc things don't always come out the same in your locale, so you learn to ask more pointed questions which helps you zone in better on the answer.
    for example, my pond is 6,000 gals (US) with 6 koi in it. people laugh at me locally because my filters are almost as much as my pond. I also have a continuous trickle of new water to the tune of 10% in addition to the replacement water for dumping 4 giant vortexes each day. if you diddn't know that, then some of my answers based on my experience
    might not be anywhere near your situation. so give us as much info as you can! lots of these posters have been around for years and a great bunch that i really enjoy getting to know. think your gonna like it here!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12