Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Invitation to visit the 20th Annual ZNA- Texas Koi & Goldfish show - October 12-14

Invitation to visit the 20th Annual ZNA- Texas Koi & Goldfish show - October 12-14

Greetings to all our Koi-Bitofriends,

Wanted to be sure everyone knows they are invited to join us at our 20th annual koi & goldfish show October 12-14, 2012. The show location is at Water Garden Gems in Marion Texas just east of San Antonio on IH-10. We still have a few six foot koi tanks and goldfish aquariums available for any hobbyists wanting to join in the fun and show their koi, long fin koi, or goldfish. Saturday October 13th is the best day to visit to enjoy many additional events such as cultural entertainment and demonstrations by Japanese Society of America - San Antonio Chapter. There are koi and goldfish vendors plus other pond vendors coming from as far away as California to offer some great demonstrations, education, and special value to our show visitors. Vendors will be set up by mid afternoon on Friday, october 12th if you want the best selections. Also for great fish at potential bargain pricing attend our koi and goldfish auction on Sunday beginning about 1:15pm. If anyone has any questions or wants to reserve tanks for showing their koi/goldfish please email Ray Jordan at [email protected]

I have attached a show flyer with some additional information and also check our club website at www.texaskoi.com Invitation to visit the 20th Annual ZNA- Texas Koi & Goldfish show - October 12-14-2012showflyer.pdffor the latest show information.

Hope to see you at the show!!

Ray
    Disclosure:These opinions are based on my experience and conversations with persons I consider accomplished koi keepers and do not reflect the viewpoint of any organization.

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by RayJordan View Post
    Greetings to all our Koi-Bitofriends,

Wanted to be sure everyone knows they are invited to join us at our 20th annual koi & goldfish show October 12-14, 2012. The show location is at Water Garden Gems in Marion Texas just east of San Antonio on IH-10. We still have a few six foot koi tanks and goldfish aquariums available for any hobbyists wanting to join in the fun and show their koi, long fin koi, or goldfish. Saturday October 13th is the best day to visit to enjoy many additional events such as cultural entertainment and demonstrations by Japanese Society of America - San Antonio Chapter. There are koi and goldfish vendors plus other pond vendors coming from as far away as California to offer some great demonstrations, education, and special value to our show visitors. Vendors will be set up by mid afternoon on Friday, october 12th if you want the best selections. Also for great fish at potential bargain pricing attend our koi and goldfish auction on Sunday beginning about 1:15pm. If anyone has any questions or wants to reserve tanks for showing their koi/goldfish please email Ray Jordan at [email protected]

I have attached a show flyer with some additional information and also check our club website at www.texaskoi.com Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012showflyer.pdf 
Views:	106 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	36966for the latest show information.

Hope to see you at the show!!

Ray
    Good evening Ray. As you know, I have been to this/your chapter show three times now. And each time, I am struck by;

1) how well this show is run
    2) how truly unique and special the nature/design of the mechanics of the show are
    3) how much the locals of San Antonio make us 'outsiders' feel at home and amongst friends.

I also have to admit, the first time I came I was as interested in seeing 'The Alamo' as much as I was in the koi! But the people of the Texas show quickly steal the show from the Alamo! What fun your members are! And although southern hospitality is legendary-- I found that Texas company is the very best! Kind, friendly, and above all --- Genuine! And did I mention-- Fun loving?!

I've also noticed that over the years the koi have gotten better and better within this chapter. Carlsten has some kind of 'secret' when it comes to the softness and glow on his kohaku and You are the KING of finishing off good showa ! Our Vietnamese-American friends are truly the 'koi kichi' of this decade! And I can't ned the praise without saying how I especially like your awards room- very cool !
    And for those 'koi widows' and non koi kichi spouses, check out the 'River walk", it is a world class attraction and the most unique evening I have spend at a koi show! GREAT eateries and the cruise around the river walk is one you will remember for for a life time.
    This year the judges are headed up by one of the most popular guys in the koi game- Dick Thomas. He and the Mrs. are warm and wonderful people and quietly, Dick is one of the best judges in America. Sharp, great taste in koi and an easy way about him.
    I'm particularly high on our newest candidate judge Duc who will complete his yellow level candidate certification under Mr Thomas. Duc is what ZNA represents in its best light-- intelligence, motivation, an eagle eye for koi, and willingness to share.
    I hope the Dallas gang and the Houston group come down to make this a full and competitive show. And I look forward to seeing what the 8th ZNA show of the year will produce as Grand Champion! Best of luck, JR