Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Save The Date: Central Florida Koi Show 2013

Will be bringing 3 over 24" (one may be over 28" by now ??), and two (possibly three) tosai that are in my goldfish pond.

I'm told that there are just two tanks in the show available for entries. Anyone who has not already registered should check on tank availablity. See the website for contact info.

It is going to be quite a competition in the larger sizes.

Well, those two tanks got taken quickly and some latecomers have now gotten assigned to soft tanks being set up in the middle of the show ring in an effort to accomodate all. But, now we are running out of space to set up tanks, despite reducing the amount of the show tent devoted to vendors. (Still plenty of vendors, but some aisles may seem narrow!) I believe we are at 19 8-foot tanks and 34 6-foot tanks... unless another tank got squeezed in. As always, some of the tanks are reserved by vendors so koi sold on Friday (or delivered to the show) can be entered. Vendors with reserved tanks are: Legacy Koi, SoBe Koi, Purdin Koi Farm, Quality Koi/Nisei Koi Farm, Eastern Koi, Gott Koi Farm, Blackwater Creek, Children Of The Sun Koi and Kodama Koi Farm.

Just 10 days to go.

I thought we had moved to all hard tanks. Setting up those soft ones will sure bring back memories!

The CFKS continues to grow absolutely busting at the seams, in no little part due to the dedication of Mike (and HC, JW, SW, DH, LP, RP, JS, DC, and all). If I am not mistaken, this is the first show held under the auspices of the Koi Society and with a full slate of American Koi Judges Association judges to boot. It is this energy, this spirit of service realized in focused determination and genuine professionalism that makes the CFKS the premier koi show of the Western Hemisphere. It is a privilege to be associated with these folks and this show.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    I thought we had moved to all hard tanks. Setting up those soft ones will sure bring back memories!
    We did move towards using all hard tanks and have invested over $30K in hard tanks but we have had more entries this year and as well more requests from vendors for tanks. Between the show ring and vendors, we are setting up 80 tanks but we have only purchased 73 to date. If the demand stays at this level we will definately discuss adding more hard tanks in the coming years.

spent more than $30K for show tanks ...

wow, a very rich club indeed....

Actually 5 clubs, Dinh, if I remember right.

Quote Originally Posted by dinh View Post
    spent more than $30K for show tanks ...

wow, a very rich club indeed....
    I think the members are pretty much all 1%ers.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyfish View Post
    I think the members are pretty much all 1%ers.
    I assume you guys are all kidding, but.... None of the members have paid for the show tanks. We started off scraping together what soft side tanks we had between the 5 member clubs. CFKS is run a bit different than many shows in the US. Instead of any profits going back to the member clubs, everything stays in the show treasury and re-invested in the show. Our goal of putting on a great show for everyone to enjoy (including the vendors) instead of concentrating on profits has lead to the show having our inventory of show equipment. The 5 member clubs still benefit from it by having the right to use the CFKS equipment for their own fall shows.
    Henry

Orlando, FL

I'll add to what Henry has said. The show began in 1998 as the All Florida show. It was re-organized for 2005 as the Central Florida Koi Show with the sponsoring clubs putting in their show equipment and committing that all 'profits' would be re-invested to make show ever better. A couple of years ago, the clubs formalized the arrangement, creating Central Florida Koi Show Society, Inc. to own the show equipment in perpetuity. CFKS has just one purpose... having a great show every year.

Come on down!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast