Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Save The Date: Central Florida Koi Show 2013

Daihonmei
    you guys are doing a wonderful job down in Florida. I remember when you applied for ZNA membership and the show was much more modest than it is today. In many ways I think you all held the tradition up that MAKC started in the east coast so many years ago now - of a grand show on a scale to impress and draw others into the activity. Best of luck on your current show. May you have many more-- JR

Quote Originally Posted by HenryC View Post
    I assume you guys are all kidding, but.... None of the members have paid for the show tanks.
    I was definitely kidding Henry. I thought it was ridiculous enough to be obvious. Perhaps I'm guilty of the improper use of the winking eye emoticon.

BTW I think its great how you guys have been able to get those nice hard tanks and share them with other clubs. And I agree it's a first class show that you guys should be very proud of.

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyfish View Post
    I was definitely kidding Henry. I thought it was ridiculous enough to be obvious. Perhaps I'm guilty of the improper use of the winking eye emoticon.

BTW I think its great how you guys have been able to get those nice hard tanks and share them with other clubs. And I agree it's a first class show that you guys should be very proud of.
    '
    personally, I prefer the monogrammed gold inlay titanium Rolex hard body show tank for my koi-- or I don't show at all! LOLs I remember the first BKKS show tanks were those first generation 18 inch tall kiddy pools with the wire frame holding up the pale blue liners! And ZNA's first show had some pretty modest show tanks! We've come a LONG WAY, BABY! JR

Tosai

Inquiring mind question

We have read from Mike M. that a hobbyist from Washington State is coming to Orlando with Koi and wondering how they are shipped that far? Does the hobbyist's dealer ship them or can you get a shippers number as an individual. We have always had a dealer ship them in ( no longer an option) or they rode with someone who drove straight through (not our thing). Is there a way to use a cooperating dealer ship number?

Goldfish Show

After a long time concentrating and improving the Koi show portion of CFKS, we had a lot of demand to add a Goldfish show back into our event. So this year Richard Porter and John Sprinkle have organized the return of a Goldfish show to Orlando. Once again, we voted to re-invest more funds to purchase all the equipment necessary. I was a bit nervous but the entries have been coming in. I received a few photos today from one of the entrants with the request I post them here to challange their fellow competitors. Bring it!!!

Why didn't I get into the goldfish hobby instead of koi? So simple and, relatively speaking, so much lighter on the wallet. Don't have to worry about Mother Nature, changing huge volume of water, easy to catch, temperature easily controlled and you don't have to purchase food in the pounds...................LOL!

I suppose, Lam, because goldfish just don't impress the way koi do.

Who knows, perhaps there will be something in the goldfish show that attracts my attention? ...But, after 34+ years, I filled in my old lily pond last Fall when we were doing some work on the house. I don't think goldfish would care for the koi pond.

BTW, a Big Thank You to Hikari for sponsoring our volunteers' show t-shirts. All volunteers are to be wearing them on Saturday. And, thanks to Shirley Abell, who is sponsoring our casual BBQ dinner for our volunteers and vendors on Friday night. Show finances are a bit tight this year, but with such wonderful supporters, attendees will have more than ever for their admission... which is FREE. (Except $10 for the full day of seminar programs on Saturday.)

Starting to look like perfect weather in Orlando for a Koi show this weekend

Oyagoi
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryC View Post
    Starting to look like perfect weather in Orlando for a Koi show this weekend
    Great and i am about to get snowed in within next 24 hours(hopefully they are wrong)

can not wait for 4 more years when daughter gets out of high school and we can take our sring break during this show instead of when school says so

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123