Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 4TEXAS

Thread: The Bakki

Tategoi

The Bakki

The newest addition to filtration system.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Bakki-picture-173a.jpg   The Bakki-picture-172a.jpg  
    ricshaw likes this.

MCA
    BH works well for me. I have it in plastic trays.

Tategoi
    She's up and running... gotta love it. Can't ask for anything better than the real thing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Bakki-10-2012-012-copy.jpg   The Bakki-10-2012-013-copy.jpg  

MCA
    Excellent. My experience is that with a shower you don't need a foam fractionator.

I have been very happy with my Bakki. Yours is an improved design. The extra width at the top of each try will reduce/prevent dripping over the edges, a minor annoyance I occasionally experience.

I see you have shadecloth over it. Good idea. I cover mine with groundcloth to prevent leaves and such from falling in.

I also lay some filter mats on top of the Bacteria House in the top tray to capture algae that would otherwise get captured in the media and rot. (The mats get cleaned about once per month during the summer months, and hardly at all other times. Easy to decide when they need cleaning by just looking.)

Looks good. Best of luck with it.

Tategoi
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    I have been very happy with my Bakki. Yours is an improved design. The extra width at the top of each try will reduce/prevent dripping over the edges, a minor annoyance I occasionally experience.

I see you have shadecloth over it. Good idea. I cover mine with groundcloth to prevent leaves and such from falling in.

I also lay some filter mats on top of the Bacteria House in the top tray to capture algae that would otherwise get captured in the media and rot. (The mats get cleaned about once per month during the summer months, and hardly at all other times. Easy to decide when they need cleaning by just looking.)
    Hi Mike,

Like your I did put Matala mats on top of the bacteria house to catch algae from clogging up the bacteria house, but I put it on top of all my trays not just the top one. I really like this system and not only can I see the difference on the clarity of my water, but I've tested the water quality and everything seems to be very good. I'm working on getting another bakki shower to put more filtrations in my pond. I believe you can never have to much filtrations.

Tosai
    I don't know of any filtration I like more than a shower. I only put a mat on the top stack as it is the only one that has developed algae(at least on my shower) I am looking to add another shower as well. I agree that more is better when it comes to filtration.

MCA
    And you where there is some BH media.