Home | About Us | Contact Us


Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: san diego Show

  1. #1
    Daihonmei dick benbow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    seattle, wa
    Posts
    6,340

    san diego Show

    This weekend is the time, and i was hopeful that a KB member or visitor might be on hand to pass along a few comments and photos. Anyone willing?

  2. #2
    Daihonmei
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,642
    Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow View Post
    This weekend is the time, and i was hopeful that a KB member or visitor might be on hand to pass along a few comments and photos. Anyone willing?
    Dick, I certainly Hope so! I'm leaving in the AM to be there by early afternoon, but I never seem to get the time during judging to post photos! For those that do not know, San Diego is probably THE AKCA show to be at! It is one of the older and best run shows in the country. And the entries-- ALWAYS first rate! Not sure of the numbers yet, but it always is one of the bigger shows in the country. ( i undertand there is also a dog show at the same fair just across the way! maybe I'll find a nice Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy there!)
    I can't wait to get to that wonderful California weather! Enough of this dark, dank NJ winter!!! LOLs Looking forward to judging with the exceptional crew-- Dick Thomas ( our new ZNA assistant judge), Norm call of AKCA, Tom Ayers AKCA judge, Duc Nguyen ( one of the best ZNA candidate judges I have ever had the pleasure to work with) and our newest ZNA candidate judge ( Jason Guevara).
    With this crew we should be able to sort things out to everyone's satisfaction!

    I'm wondering who is right now making plans to net, pack and transport Saturday's Grand Champion! maybe they are reading this as I type it?? LOLs

    The head judge is bringing a very special award for some lucky exhibitor showing fish in size 1- 3. remember, part of the show experience is to prove you have an eye for koi and a 'wet thumb' when it comes to keeping your charges. If that is so--- then you might be the winner of the judge's award ! good luck. JR

  3. #3
    Nisai KQ's Jeroen van Gaalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oss, The Netherlands
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post
    Dick, I certainly Hope so! I'm leaving in the AM to be there by early afternoon, but I never seem to get the time during judging to post photos! For those that do not know, San Diego is probably THE AKCA show to be at! It is one of the older and best run shows in the country. And the entries-- ALWAYS first rate! Not sure of the numbers yet, but it always is one of the bigger shows in the country. ( i undertand there is also a dog show at the same fair just across the way! maybe I'll find a nice Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy there!)
    I can't wait to get to that wonderful California weather! Enough of this dark, dank NJ winter!!! LOLs Looking forward to judging with the exceptional crew-- Dick Thomas ( our new ZNA assistant judge), Norm call of AKCA, Tom Ayers AKCA judge, Duc Nguyen ( one of the best ZNA candidate judges I have ever had the pleasure to work with) and our newest ZNA candidate judge ( Jason Guevara).
    With this crew we should be able to sort things out to everyone's satisfaction!

    I'm wondering who is right now making plans to net, pack and transport Saturday's Grand Champion! maybe they are reading this as I type it?? LOLs

    The head judge is bringing a very special award for some lucky exhibitor showing fish in size 1- 3. remember, part of the show experience is to prove you have an eye for koi and a 'wet thumb' when it comes to keeping your charges. If that is so--- then you might be the winner of the judge's award ! good luck. JR
    James, if you find the time please answer my email...

  4. #4
    Jumbo azngopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    868
    What a great show! Tremendous club and support from vendors and the hobby community around the state and country. Thanks for the opportunity to meet long time koi-bito members in person at a live event. Another awesome learning experience to judge with a such a distinguished team lead by JR, with Dick, Norman, and Tom. Pretty cool to share in the experience with fellow candidate judge Jason (you'll be seeing more of him in the future, really sharp and knows his koi).

    Congrats to Roger and Andrew Spradlin for a clean sweep of GC, RGC and non-gosanke GC. Beautiful collection and interesting story of his collection. check out the numbers, 361 koi at the show!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails san diego Show-san-diego-2013-004.jpg  

  5. #5
    Jumbo azngopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    868
    having trouble with pics, will try again later

  6. #6
    Daihonmei PapaBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Davenport, Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,726
    Quote Originally Posted by azngopher View Post
    What a great show! Tremendous club and support from vendors and the hobby community around the state and country. Thanks for the opportunity to meet long time koi-bito members in person at a live event. Another awesome learning experience to judge with a such a distinguished team lead by JR, with Dick, Norman, and Tom. Pretty cool to share in the experience with fellow candidate judge Jason (you'll be seeing more of him in the future, really sharp and knows his koi).

    Congrats to Roger and Andrew Spradlin for a clean sweep of GC, RGC and non-gosanke GC. Beautiful collection and interesting story of his collection. check out the numbers, 361 koi at the show!
    That is some kind of incredible performance at San Diego of all places. Congrats to the Spradlin clan on such an amazing day.

  7. #7
    Tategoi Louie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Anaheim Ca
    Posts
    353

    Kcsd

    This years show is a fine example of a club that works together as one. Ginger and I were at
    the show Sat. We have been comming to this show for years and each is special because of all
    the members and the genuine friendships we have. Its a show where you see so many smiles
    as folks walk around looking at the koi displayed. New friendships are made at a show like this, no egos
    just folks gathering for the love of the hobby. I think the reason San Diego Koi Club has excelled is
    that the members step up and fill positions that are vacated on their board. Putting it bluntly, THEY GIVE BACK TO OUR HOBBY, and make it more enjoyable to be there.
    This show is always filled with vendors. Anything related to koi you will see there . I saw 3 new koi foods
    from 3 differnt vendors if its new you will see it there.
    The caliber of Judges that come each year is such a geat learning experiance I am sure they enjoy them selve`s as much as we as hobbyist enjoy seeing them at work. Congrats to the Spradins for their clean sweep [ Roger & Andrew ] Members of the Bakersfield club.

  8. #8
    Tategoi bobbysuzanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    411
    Need pictures, badly!!!

  9. #9
    Tosai vryheavy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    20

    upstaged, Oh Boy!!

    Quote Originally Posted by azngopher View Post
    What a great show! Tremendous club and support from vendors and the hobby community around the state and country. Thanks for the opportunity to meet long time koi-bito members in person at a live event. Another awesome learning experience to judge with a such a distinguished team lead by JR, with Dick, Norman, and Tom. Pretty cool to share in the experience with fellow candidate judge Jason (you'll be seeing more of him in the future, really sharp and knows his koi).

    Congrats to Roger and Andrew Spradlin for a clean sweep of GC, RGC and non-gosanke GC. Beautiful collection and interesting story of his collection. check out the numbers, 361 koi at the show!
    Talk about a clean sweep, My two tanks were right next to Roger and his sons tanks.......My Koi looked like Oil Spills next to theirs... Thanks Duc for taking time with my son and I when comparing the Grand Champ and the Showa that was also in contention...

    Scotty aka vryheavy

  10. #10
    Tategoi Louie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Anaheim Ca
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by vryheavy View Post
    Talk about a clean sweep, My two tanks were right next to Roger and his sons tanks.......My Koi looked like Oil Spills next to theirs... Thanks Duc for taking time with my son and I when comparing the Grand Champ and the Showa that was also in contention...

    Scotty aka vryheavy
    Thats what its all about, learning, enjoying our fish talking to the judges and win, lose or draw its the fun
    that makes it worth while. By the way I looked at all the tanks and did not see one oil spill. Best to you and
    thanks for sharing your fish with us

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. San Diego Show
    By azngopher in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 12:50 AM
  2. San Diego Koi Show
    By colemankaze in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 07:00 PM
  3. San Diego Koi Show 2008
    By RookieKoiGuy in forum Club News and Updates
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 01:26 AM
  4. 2006 San Diego Koi Show !!!!!
    By dinh in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 03-12-2006, 06:49 PM
  5. San Diego show
    By CHEEKS in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-23-2006, 03:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Articles - Sitemap - FAQs and Rules

KB Footer Graphic
Straight from Japan... For the serious hobbyist!
All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com